Why doesn’t the Big 12 snag UCF? | Syracusefan.com

Why doesn’t the Big 12 snag UCF?

Nick44

All Conference
Extends footprint to Florida, UCF is a huge school and to a lesser degree gives you what SEC got by stealing Texas A&M.

What am I missing?

Extends footprint to Florida, UCF is a huge school and to a lesser degree gives you what SEC got by stealing Texas A&M.

What am I missing?
Each of 10 shares of $X million per year is larger than each of 12 shares of that same $X million per year. Since they got that rule change which allows them to have a championship game without having 12 teams, they really have no need to get more teams unless their broadcast partners up the cash so that they all get at least as much as they do now.

It’s all about the money.
The two extra mouthes to feed have to increase the annual payout for the conference to justify their additions.

UCF and Cincinnati would be the logical additions but they don’t bring an extra 50 million plus to the Big XII contract.

Unless the Big 12 contract is increased, there is no motivation to move. Even if the current deal includes expansion (i.e., new team adds a full share to the deal) there is no need to expand. UCF has the hot hand now but can they maintain it? Not all expansion pans out (see B1G).

It’s all about the money.
The two extra mouthes to feed have to increase the annual payout for the conference to justify their additions.

UCF and Cincinnati would be the logical additions but they don’t bring an extra 50 million plus to the Big XII contract.

Cincinatti adds nothing other than placating WVU who might not even want the travel partner that conference doesn't need a rust belt team and its not that great of a market.

UCF
Houston
Colorado State
San Diego St

All add more. Even BYU would be a better add than Cinci.

Not to mention Cincinatti seem content to be a big fish in a small pond again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTCSEC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom