Why Georgia will be left out despite being a top 4 team | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Why Georgia will be left out despite being a top 4 team

I said 3 of 4 were included. Ga. Tech just gets them to 9 P5 games like Oklahoma and Ohio State play as conference games.

Georgia scheduled way too light. Next year they have Notre Dame and Georgia Tech.
Middle Tennessee is in CUSA that isn’t even the best G5 conference.
They and the SEC teams for the most part play soft nonconference schedules.

But it's all in comparison to the OOC schedules that OU and tOSU played. Not any better than what UGA played.

We will see if this newly constituted committee truly values a conference title.

If so, there is really no other logical choice (IMO) than:
  1. Alabama
  2. Clemson
  3. Notre Dame
  4. Oklahoma

Imo, the conference championships should have zero bearing on the playoffs. It’s penalizing the team, who may be top 4, that has to play against the best team. Georgia this year. And rewards ND who doesn’t have to worry about possibly losing a conference championship. So Georgia is our cause they had to play bama and Nd is in because they didn’t have to play Clemson.

Play the conference games for $$$ and tv but pick the 4 playoff teams before they’re played.

But they didn't win their conference championship. :cool:

Yeah I think Georgia needs to schedule Northwestern next year for the SEC Champ Game.

We will see if this newly constituted committee truly values a conference title.

If so, there is really no other logical choice (IMO) than:
  1. Alabama
  2. Clemson
  3. Notre Dame
  4. Oklahoma

I mean technically if its about a conference title OSU would be in for ND but...