Why I hate the Hoya's (long) | Syracusefan.com

Why I hate the Hoya's (long)

O'Cafe

Walk On
Growing up they always beat the Cuse or so it seemed. CBS games would usually be a blow out so I would head out to the driveway to lead the Cuse back to victory! The HoyaParanoria nonsense. What the hell is a Hoya? Your momma’s a hoya! They played dirty, had no style, used mass substitutions and Brent Musberger would yap on how fresh they were when “fresh” was a noun. They players consisted of a boxer, a wrestler and multiple criminals. Your mamma’s a hoya!

Perry McDonald – wasn’t he a boxer? They suit up a boxer?!?!
Michael Graham – complete thug.
Michael Williams – seemed as though he never missed, never sweated and was never out of position.
Michael Jackson – same name as the biggest Star on the planet at the time but this one sucked. Ironic.
David Wingate and his flat nose. Another guy who was always in the right spot, wouldn’t miss against SU and play at a lower level against everyone else. I hope his nose was flattened by an Andre Hawkins elbow.
Ewing – you sweat too much, you wear knee-pads, you elbow too much, you can not shoot. You are not a basketball player (good athlete though) which sums up all of those teams and you are the icon that boils the orange blood.
Ralph Dalton and his wrestling boots – c’mon! Seriously, your team plays like thugs and you roll out a 7 footer in wrestling boots??!!
Grady Mateen – shaved head before it was hip – thug look, thug game, 5 fouls.
Charles Smith – scraggy nappy headed cheese bag. Olympian over Sherm?!?! Are you serious!!!! Another reason to say FU to JT.
Reggie Williams again because it seemed like he was there for 7 years.
The one white kid (Brian Kelly) when JT had one foot out the door.
Ronnie Thompson – koala bear in tight shorty shorts. Only 1 scholly offer. HAHA GTown!
Dikembe Mutumbo – Wag that finger at DC and watch it get snapped in half.
John “I only recruit black kids” Thompson – FFFFFF UUUUUU! Thank you Chris Mullin. Thank you Harold Jensen.
Joey Brown – really they call you Joey? 5’6” block of rock was a brick chucker.
Alonzo Mourning – tried to intimidate all teams but as the saying goes… All dogs have a big bark when they are on their own porch. Step on down and meet DC, Chump.
Othella Harrington – Scrappy lefty who symbolizes the end of JT’s reign. They were never the same. He was never much. The intimidation had long worn off. Thug ball out (except for Pitt)
Victor Page – Shoot all you want, travel all you want ‘cause you ain’t got no game.
Allen Iverson – actually kind of liked him because they were a non-contender when he was there. Explosive, me 1st, me 2nd, me 3rd option.
Ruben Boumtje-Boumtje – what dumb-ass allows you to have your last name written twice on the back of your jersey?

Great moments:
Pearl punching Ewing and dodging (thankfully) the return blow (kinda like a FT for Ewing – no way was it going to land).
Dave Johnson’s soaring, follow up dunk over 3-4 7 footers (DC, Ellis, Morning & Mutumbo?) when he was an unknown Freshman/Sophomore.
McNabb lighting them up. Yeah our QB is ballin’ you right now and blocking your centers shot. Your program is irrelevant. RIP! Elvir you want some run?
1990 Billy Owens foul shots
G-Mac’s buzzer beater 3 after Hak travelled to get the W.
G-Mac to Devondorf in BE Tourney at the buzzer to get the W
All Cuse wins over G’Town

All-time best(s): Sherm’s last game. Capped off the W in OT with a reverse, double pump dunk. He may have had 10 dunks his entire career, nearly all were one-handed-barely-over-the-rim types. No idea he had it in him. Lesson learned: never doubt the General!!!

This rivalry can be defined as pre-DC (end of Manley to 1986) and a post-DC 1987-present. Thank you Derrick Coleman for your toughness to single-handedly stop the nonsense & restoring order. Your contributions were numerous, highlights plentiful but I am most grateful for standing up, saying no more and letting the college basketball world know that this is how it will be handled from now on.
A left handed fist pump for you DC, the long arm of the law.

WOW great recap!Because of all thise reasons, I will always loathe and hate georgetown, with in second.
I only hope that the flopping floor slappers and their ratface coach will replace them as the team we will love to beat on a regular basis ( you know, just in case JTIII decides he might want to schedule us in the future, but doesnt know how often or where...)

Growing up they always beat the Cuse or so it seemed. CBS games would usually be a blow out so I would head out to the driveway to lead the Cuse back to victory! The HoyaParanoria nonsense. What the hell is a Hoya? Your momma’s a hoya! They played dirty, had no style, used mass substitutions and Brent Musberger would yap on how fresh they were when “fresh” was a noun. They players consisted of a boxer, a wrestler and multiple criminals. Your mamma’s a hoya!

Perry McDonald – wasn’t he a boxer? They suit up a boxer?!?!
Michael Graham – complete thug.
Michael Williams – seemed as though he never missed, never sweated and was never out of position.
Michael Jackson – same name as the biggest Star on the planet at the time but this one sucked. Ironic.
David Wingate and his flat nose. Another guy who was always in the right spot, wouldn’t miss against SU and play at a lower level against everyone else. I hope his nose was flattened by an Andre Hawkins elbow.
Ewing – you sweat too much, you wear knee-pads, you elbow too much, you can not shoot. You are not a basketball player (good athlete though) which sums up all of those teams and you are the icon that boils the orange blood.
Ralph Dalton and his wrestling boots – c’mon! Seriously, your team plays like thugs and you roll out a 7 footer in wrestling boots??!!
Grady Mateen – shaved head before it was hip – thug look, thug game, 5 fouls.
Charles Smith – scraggy nappy headed cheese bag. Olympian over Sherm?!?! Are you serious!!!! Another reason to say FU to JT.
Reggie Williams again because it seemed like he was there for 7 years.
The one white kid (Brian Kelly) when JT had one foot out the door.
Ronnie Thompson – koala bear in tight shorty shorts. Only 1 scholly offer. HAHA GTown!
Dikembe Mutumbo – Wag that finger at DC and watch it get snapped in half.
John “I only recruit black kids” Thompson – FFFFFF UUUUUU! Thank you Chris Mullin. Thank you Harold Jensen.
Joey Brown – really they call you Joey? 5’6” block of rock was a brick chucker.
Alonzo Mourning – tried to intimidate all teams but as the saying goes… All dogs have a big bark when they are on their own porch. Step on down and meet DC, Chump.
Othella Harrington – Scrappy lefty who symbolizes the end of JT’s reign. They were never the same. He was never much. The intimidation had long worn off. Thug ball out (except for Pitt)
Victor Page – Shoot all you want, travel all you want ‘cause you ain’t got no game.
Allen Iverson – actually kind of liked him because they were a non-contender when he was there. Explosive, me 1st, me 2nd, me 3rd option.
Ruben Boumtje-Boumtje – what dumb-ass allows you to have your last name written twice on the back of your jersey?

Great moments:
Pearl punching Ewing and dodging (thankfully) the return blow (kinda like a FT for Ewing – no way was it going to land).
Dave Johnson’s soaring, follow up dunk over 3-4 7 footers (DC, Ellis, Morning & Mutumbo?) when he was an unknown Freshman/Sophomore.
McNabb lighting them up. Yeah our QB is ballin’ you right now and blocking your centers shot. Your program is irrelevant. RIP! Elvir you want some run?
1990 Billy Owens foul shots
G-Mac’s buzzer beater 3 after Hak travelled to get the W.
G-Mac to Devondorf in BE Tourney at the buzzer to get the W
All Cuse wins over G’Town

All-time best(s): Sherm’s last game. Capped off the W in OT with a reverse, double pump dunk. He may have had 10 dunks his entire career, nearly all were one-handed-barely-over-the-rim types. No idea he had it in him. Lesson learned: never doubt the General!!!

This rivalry can be defined as pre-DC (end of Manley to 1986) and a post-DC 1987-present. Thank you Derrick Coleman for your toughness to single-handedly stop the nonsense & restoring order. Your contributions were numerous, highlights plentiful but I am most grateful for standing up, saying no more and letting the college basketball world know that this is how it will be handled from now on.
A left handed fist pump for you DC, the long arm of the law.

Excellent recap. But don't forget Ed Spriggs, the 25-yr old mailman, Kenny "samurai" sword Brunner and Charles Smith's hit and run vehicular homicide. Their lilly white campus and their all black team. A "Catholic" school that covers its religious symbols when the President shows up to speak. Their pathetic and tiny fanbase.
I hope we NEVER play them again. Let them return to the irrelevance they occupied before the BE.

I forgot about the 25 yr old mailman. He was collecting a pension while playing!

Post of the year, you stuck the landing. Field Marshal O'Cafe.

Can you like a post on the computer, your phone and your tablet? If so, this post will have 3 likes from me. LGO!

Funny stuff. LOL at the Boumjte one.

True story here. After Pearl nut punched Ewing, we saw his Mom taking some verbal abuse from some Georgetown fans. She was sitting behind the basket at the RB's that it happened at. So me and my crew took a walk over there and made sure those pu$$y's knew their manners.

Sent using my Commodore 64

Great post but one minor quibble: Allen Iverson's 1996 Hoyas team lost that epic BET final to Ray Allen's storz team then lost in the Elite 8 to UMass. Hardly a non-contender.

Addition: Otto Porter

I fully expect Brandon to break out and dominate rd 2.
CJ will have his usual 15-8.
MCW will control the pace and the Cuse will go out on top, where they belong.
It's March and time to get going!

Let's go ORANGE!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom