Why I haven't posted much lately | Syracusefan.com

Why I haven't posted much lately

NYCSUGrad

All Conference
  1. This is copied from the Off Topic forum, where no one seemed to be interested in reading it. Too many other dramatic threads there.

I'm hoping at least SOME people here read it.

Well, for one thing I just need a break from incessant whingeing, like what gets posted on the basketball threads after early season losses.

And in these threads I need a break from saying and posting the same links time and again to little effect if any. Save from some stalwart posters, sadly a few of whom could not cast a vote on 11-8 because they aren't citizens and would not DREAM of breaking the US law, nor, I suspect, their own, other than maybe running through an occasional stop sign or the like.

But MOSTLY it's because I was in out of hospitals SO MUCH since May of this year I can't even keep track.

The most recent was on Friday the 9th. A one day visit, via the Metropolitan Hospital of Manhattan ER because the clinic doctor I went to in the east 40s took one look at my vitals and said I was dehydrated and had to get to an ER stat.

The reason I went about 50 blocks away rather than maybe 16 to my local hospital I won't get into here, because there are potential legal actions that I will take at some point.

But anyway, the clinic people felt badly enough for me that they chipped in for a cab to the other hospital, because an ambulance probably would have insisted on closer ones, and I won't go back to Bellevue either lest what was strictly a medical condition put me back into one of their psych wards again. That would not have lasted THREE WEEKS like it did the first time, in September, because I know how the system works now, but regardless I wasn't going to risk it. And Beth Israel may or may not have closed, either their ER or the hospital in general.

Then after being rehydrated and released late that night or maybe Saturday, I was home till Tuesday evening, when I started feeling woozy at a Mexican restaurant a couple of blocks from home and no it wasn't the food or even too much booze. I had taken two sips of the first beer I had in months and when that felt bad I knew I needed to get back to the hospital.

So into a cab I put myself, because I had $ since my duplicate license had arrived by mail after getting a replacement one online, but without my iPhone that I had left in a nearby Bank of America branch because they did three separate things that pissed me off so much that I just left without the phone AKA my lifeline.

And didn't get out till very early Friday morning in such a comedy of errors I can't get into it here, not enough time.

I'm not even going to ASK you guys and gals for specifics as to what you can do to help me. I trust even the people I just called vile or deplorable still have hearts when it comes to their fellow, or sister, SU fans.

Just no Wegmans gift cards please. The only NYC one might be in the Brooklyn Navy Yard, nearly impossible for me to get to in the best of times.

Thanks in advance

Andrea Abrahams

Hope things get better.. Sorry I missed you this trip, but will make up for it next time I'm in the city.

let me know if there's anything I can do to help

Sorry to hear about all that. Hope you are feeling better now. Let me know if there is something I can do.

geez I hope you start feeling better very soon and things in general start looking up!
hang in there

Best of luck to you orange sister! Don't let the insurance companies get you down. Here to a safe and healthy holiday!

Last edited:
I hope 2017 is a lot better for you Andrea. Drinking lots of water every day would be a good start.

1. This is copied from the Off Topic forum, where no one seemed to be interested in reading it. Too many other dramatic threads there.

Well, for one thing I just need a break from incessant whingeing, like what gets posted on the basketball threads after early season losses.

And in these threads I need a break from saying and posting the same links time and again to little effect if any. Save from some stalwart posters, sadly a few of whom could not cast a vote on 11-8 because they aren't citizens and would not DREAM of breaking the US law, nor, I suspect, their own, other than maybe running through an occasional stop sign or the like.

But MOSTLY it's because I was in out of hospitals SO MUCH since May of this year I can't even keep track.

The most recent was on Friday the 9th. A one day visit, via the Metropolitan Hospital of Manhattan ER because the clinic doctor I went to in the east 40s took one look at my vitals and said I was dehydrated and had to get to an ER stat.

The reason I went about 50 blocks away rather than maybe 16 to my local hospital I won't get into here, because there are potential legal actions that I will take at some point.

But anyway, the clinic people felt badly enough for me that they chipped in for a cab to the other hospital, because an ambulance probably would have insisted on closer ones, and I won't go back to Bellevue either lest what was strictly a medical condition put me back into one of their psych wards again. That would not have lasted THREE WEEKS like it did the first time, in September, because I know how the system works now, but regardless I wasn't going to risk it. And Beth Israel may or may not have closed, either their ER or the hospital in general.

Then after being rehydrated and released late that night or maybe Saturday, I was home till Tuesday evening, when I started feeling woozy at a Mexican restaurant a couple of blocks from home and no it wasn't the food or even too much booze. I had taken two sips of the first beer I had in months and when that felt bad I knew I needed to get back to the hospital.

So into a cab I put myself, because I had $ since my duplicate license had arrived by mail after getting a replacement one online, but without my iPhone that I had left in a nearby Bank of America branch because they did three separate things that pissed me off so much that I just left without the phone AKA my lifeline.

And didn't get out till very early Friday morning in such a comedy of errors I can't get into it here, not enough time.

I'm not even going to ASK you guys and gals for specifics as to what you can do to help me. I trust even the people I just called vile or deplorable still have hearts when it comes to their fellow, or sister, SU fans.

Just no Wegmans gift cards please. The only NYC one might be in the Brooklyn Navy Yard, nearly impossible for me to get to in the best of times.

Thanks in advance

Andrea Abrahams
Best of luck, AndreaCG. You've been around here for a hell of a long time, and you deserve better from life--but it sounds like you've been on one hell of a tough run. Climb out of that blast crater and soldier on. There is much SU hoops yet to be watched. Best to you and yours for the holidays, and for a much better 2017.

Dear Andrea, what a scary story and so frustrating! I am sorry you are ill. I will pm you.

Best of luck, AndreaCG. You've been around here for a hell of a long time, and you deserve better from life--but it sounds like you've been on one hell of a tough run. Climb out of that blast crater and soldier on. There is much SU hoops yet to be watched. Best to you and yours for the holidays, and for a much better 2017.
You guys and gals really don't know a tenth of it.

And unless you are abogados or maybe priests or others sworn to confidentiality, I can't say everything now.

Dear Andrea, what a scary story and so frustrating! I am sorry you are ill. I will pm you.
Thanks Peggy.

I said on Twitter that Mi vida es una telenovela.

Soap opera is inadequate.

Hope things get better.. Sorry I missed you this trip, but will make up for it next time I'm in the city.

let me know if there's anything I can do to help
Later buddy. I gotta sleep now

Thanks

Sorry to hear about all that. Hope you are feeling better now. Let me know if there is something I can do.
Thank you. Maybe later this morning. I gotta sleep now.

But your concern made me just sigh contentedly so thanks.

Cliff notes?
Are you an attorney?

I typed in abogado freaking spell check one of the BANES of my life changed it to avocado.

Well, some are little more intelligent than a piece of fruit...

Are you an attorney?

I typed in abogado freaking spell check one of the BANES of my life changed it to avocado.

Well, some are little more intelligent than a piece of fruit...

tumblr_mlvtw1B0FN1r4yh4xo1_250_zpse0b88a31.gif

That wasn't really meant as a dig at you, Shawn.

I have no idea what you do for a living.

I can only get into details with an attorney because of confidentiality, and the fact that spell check turned abogado into avocado struck me as funny.

I suspect Mr Carrey would understand.

But cliff notes: some people I have known only very short periods of time treat me better than near lifetime friends, and I don't mean people here who I may have known 20+ years.

Even the Trumpazoids here aren't personally dirtbags that I know of.

Also some relatives suck.

Also I'm up at this hour because there is a long term project renovating the Midtown tunnel after Hurricane Sandy damage.

We were not told about it that I know of but of course I could have been in the hospital at the time.

Tonight I recorded several sessions of what sounds like the beeping when trucks go backwards, and then lesser noise. On Friday night into Saturday morning Christmas Eve mind you.

And they work during the daytime too.

MTA.info

Thanks in advance

Andrea Abrahams
Hope that you are feeling better. Take care of yourself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom