Why i like this years team so much better than last | Syracusefan.com

Why i like this years team so much better than last

last years team didn't hustle ? you're indicting lydon , battle ,chukwu , allen ,roberson , thompson , howard, coleman and gillon et al for no effort ?
please expound

Last edited:
Lydon is exactly what this team is missing. A big who can shoot and did rebound.

Last year’s team had effort. It didn’t have length and thus the zone was shredded.
If this year’s PC is on last year’s team the whole year we are a tournament team last year.
White was exactly what this offense needs as well.
Gillon was a good offensive player but he wasn’t a fit for the zone on defense.

The irony is that this is one of if not the hardest hustling SU team in recent memory in terms of diving for loose balls, etc. However, this team also owns the most devastating lack-of-hustle play I can remember in years at the end of the ND game.

Last years team was at least entertaining to watch. I watch every game but it was a chore to even make time to watch the Pitt game when you knew it would be a rock fight against a team that's probably middle of the pack in the Patriot League.

last years team didn't hustle ? you're indicting lydon , battle ,chukwu , allen ,roberson , thompson , howard, coleman and gillon et al for no effort ?
please expound
Not like this team. They got blown out by some pretty shi... Teams. TT played like
please expound

please expound
Yes thats what im saying. Not like this years team. Not even close. Did you watch the St. John

Its JBs team

You don’t think last year’s team was JB’s team?

I don’t get that at all. In a world where there are politics and jockeying for the next position, one of the most blatant truths has been that Syracuse Men’s Basketball is lead by Jim Boeheim.

You don’t think last year’s team was JB’s team?

I don’t get that at all. In a world where there are politics and jockeying for the next position, one of the most blatant truths has been that Syracuse Men’s Basketball is lead by Jim Boeheim.
Not completely. Its obvious there were issues between JB and Hop who was set to take the program over this year.

Yes thats what im saying. Not like this years team. Not even close. Did you watch the St. John
Effort is so much better this year! Not even a comparison IMO.

Lydon is exactly what this team is missing. A big who can shoot and did rebound.

Last year’s team had effort. It didn’t have length and thus the zone was shredded.
If this year’s PC is on last year’s team the whole year we are a tournament team last year.
White was exactly what this offense needs as well.
Gillon was a good offensive player but he wasn’t a fit for the zone on defense.

Maybe on Lydon, but only if he was playing the 4 vs being favored in the middle because of his experience. Not sure we see Chukwu get the chance to at least contribute if Lydon was still here. Then again maybe Lydon in the middle with Oshae and Marek could have been a dynamite front court on both ends. What ifs are fun though..

This team puts forth better effort and has shown further commitment to team chemistry.

See the fact that we’ve been competitive every single game this year.

Last year we lose that early ooc game to Kansas by 25

This team puts forth better effort and has shown further commitment to team chemistry.

See the fact that we’ve been competitive every single game this year.

Last year we lose that early ooc game to Kansas by 25
Um no.
Last year we had a problem because Frank didn’t like Gillon.
Once that chemistry was fixed the team was fine.
This year’s team doesn’t have the offensive weapons last year had.

Also there are no expectations for this team.
JB said last year’s team was NC good.

Um no.
Last year we had a problem because Frank didn’t like Gillon.
Once that chemistry was fixed the team was fine.
This year’s team doesn’t have the offensive weapons last year had.

Also there are no expectations for this team.
JB said last year’s team was NC good.
Gillon and White’s defensive efforts were not of our standards, whether it be because of physical limitations or not.

Thompson’s effort all together was pretty lackluster as well.

No expectations? I expected, and still expect, a bid after that georgetown win.

I like this team better across the board except for perimeter shooting.

Who knows what really goes on but this team stinks.. they are lucky to be where they are but it's really the worst product I can ever remember, there is nothing enjoyable about watching this team, in fact it's the poster child for what has become college basketball. Watered down product with above average talent moving to the NBA a year or two early and leaving a HC and other team member scrambling to fill holes every year.

I still root for the home team every game but don't understand why somebody could say they are enjoying watching this team, it's brutal.

Who knows what really goes on but this team stinks.. they are lucky to be where they are but it's really the worst product I can ever remember, there is nothing enjoyable about watching this team, in fact it's the poster child for what has become college basketball. Watered down product with above average talent moving to the NBA a year or two early and leaving a HC and other team member scrambling to fill holes every year.

I still root for the home team every game but don't understand why somebody could say they are enjoying watching this team, it's brutal.
Do you think JB can't send the team out on the floor to push the ball and score in transition? Yes, yes he can. However, his coaching philosophy is based on defense, so until an individual or team plays defense the way he feels they are capable of, offense will be subdued.