Why i like this years team so much better than last | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Why i like this years team so much better than last

Maybe on Lydon, but only if he was playing the 4 vs being favored in the middle because of his experience. Not sure we see Chukwu get the chance to at least contribute if Lydon was still here. Then again maybe Lydon in the middle with Oshae and Marek could have been a dynamite front court on both ends. What ifs are fun though..

Chukwu was starting at center early last season. Lydon took over when he was in foul trouble and then injured. I believe strongly that Lydon would have been the 4 on this team with two centers available. And we would be a top 10 team.

Also they are on a 3 game win streak. Just wait for the board if/when we lose 4 out of 5 or something
Exactly. Lots of people like this team better only because they didn't dig a big hole for themselves in December.

Chukwu was starting at center early last season. Lydon took over when he was in foul trouble and then injured. I believe strongly that Lydon would have been the 4 on this team with two centers available. And we would be a top 10 team.
Exactly. Completely agree. With Lydon (or even Thompson) on this year’s team, we would have beaten the Bonnies, Wake, ND, and Florida State. Who knows, maybe even Kansas. You’d be looking at a team that’s probably 19-2 and definitely in the top 10. Goes to show you what even one key player can mean to a team. We don’t have a high level PF on this team. Marek and Moyer will be better next year and as juniors, but they’d be playing 5-10 minutes a game or less if Lydon or TT were at the PF spot, like they should have been.

I don't think this year's team will do as well in the league when it's all said and done, and I think the league was better last year.