Why is Colsey’s kid at UVA? | Syracusefan.com

Why is Colsey’s kid at UVA?

The rumblings are that Colsey Sr was pissed Sau didn't prioritize his son when recruiting for the 2022 class started. SU went after Joey and Leo as their top attack targets and it didn't go over well.

The rumblings are that Colsey Sr was pissed Sau didn't prioritize his son when recruiting for the 2022 class started. SU went after Joey and Leo as their top attack targets and it didn't go over well.
So Gait replacing Desko didn’t matter or reignite?

So Gait replacing Desko didn’t matter or reignite?

I believe it did but that the die was already cast on the younger Colsey to UVA.

FWIW, thee Dad was one of the most despised coaches in FCIAC for his stall-ball approach.

Huh makes sense after the recruiting issues

you guys are ripping roy colsey now?

Are we reading the same thread? There's been zero ripping of him, he wasn't happy with SUs recruitment of son #1, where's the ripping?

Last edited:
Are we reading the same thread? There's been zero ripping of him, he wasn't happy with SUs recruitment of son #1, where's the ripping?
ok, must have been reading the last couple posts wrong. carry on.

Spallina for sure. But kind of hard to make a definitive statement on Leo vs. Colsey given the latter is two games into his career after redshirting. Leo looks awesome, but Colsey's not exactly a slouch: he's already worked his way into the starting lineup on a pretty stacked UVA team, and is on a similar PPG trajectory to Leo.

Not to mention that there are two more colseys that most likely would have followed their father and brother’s footsteps to the Cuse.

FWIW, thee Dad was one of the most despised coaches in FCIAC for his stall-ball approach.
Fun story…

My son was goalie for Fairfield Warde his freshman year and played Ridgefield.

As most here will know, Ridgefield is perennially among the best HS programs in CT. Warde is not.

Coach Colsey apparently had some beef with the Warde HC and proceeded to run up the score to a ludicrous degree in our game. We were down 18-1 at halftime, and ended up losing 29-2. Colsey left his starters in until deep into the 4th. He also was yelling at the Warde coach throughout the game.

Our coach took my kid out at halftime because he didn’t want him getting hurt. He actually played well, all things considered. But the game was a complete sh!1show.

I don’t care at all about running it up, but a LOT of people were pissed. Including several conference coaches and a sports writer at the Hartford Courant who eviscerated Colsey in a piece the next day.

So yeah, that’s Roy Colsey.

Fun story…

My son was goalie for Fairfield Warde his freshman year and played Ridgefield.

As most here will know, Ridgefield is perennially among the best HS programs in CT. Warde is not.

Coach Colsey apparently had some beef with the Warde HC and proceeded to run up the score to a ludicrous degree in our game. We were down 18-1 at halftime, and ended up losing 29-2. Colsey left his starters in until deep into the 4th. He also was yelling at the Warde coach throughout the game.

Our coach took my kid out at halftime because he didn’t want him getting hurt. He actually played well, all things considered. But the game was a complete sh!1show.

I don’t care at all about running it up, but a LOT of people were pissed. Including several conference coaches and a sports writer at the Hartford Courant who eviscerated Colsey in a piece the next day.

So yeah, that’s Roy Colsey.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom