Why is it in the Big East's best interests to make them wait 27 months? | Syracusefan.com

Why is it in the Big East's best interests to make them wait 27 months?

FreakTalksAboutSU

All American
If I am the Big East...I want to make my countermoves immediately. I want to make it known that we are not in panic and die mode. I dont know what that move is...perhaps adding Kansas and another B-12 school in addition to TCU...but it would seem that there is only a small short term financial benefit to keeping SU and Pitt around for 2 years and there is ZERO long term gain, if anything, there may be a long term LOSS as the other schools that may want to join sooner than later may look elsewhere.

Then again, it would not be the first time Marinated man refused to look long term...

It won't be worth it. However they may ask for more than the $5 million to exit earlier.

Also, I would imagine how soon we go to the ACC might also be impacted by when ESPN is willing to renegotiate their TV contract.

Cheers,
Neil

It won't be worth it. However they may ask for more than the $5 million to exit earlier.

Also, I would imagine how soon we go to the ACC might also be impacted by when ESPN is willing to renegotiate their TV contract.

Cheers,
Neil

I am sure the ESPN/ACC deal is already done. Those current ACC schools don't VOTE YES and do this unless they know how much $$$$ is coming their way. They don't do this blind

It'll happen sooner. No way it drags on for 27 months.

It'll happen sooner. No way it drags on for 27 months.
Correct. The BE will scramble to add new members quickly, most likely from the crumbling B12. They won't bloat the conference any further just to 'punish' Pitt and SU. Everyone moves on with a 'get out of jail' card. Even the exit fee may be negotiated or eliminated under the circumstances, especially if the BE falls apart.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom