Why isn't Syracuse a Jordan Brand school? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Why isn't Syracuse a Jordan Brand school?

Being a person who collects sneakers I wouldn't want Syracuse to wear anything other than Jordan or Nike. UA sneakers are ugly and the only adidas sneaker I like is the new yeezy's but those are not for basketball.

I've never been an adidas bball sneaker fan(they were God awful in my middle-high school days so that's always shaped my impression) but they've made some good performers in recent years. I've got a pair of Lillard 2's that I like a lot.

Adidas basketball in general is a joke and UA looks like generic novice sneakers that are on the clearance table at Dick's. Cuse has swagger and making a change to either of these companies would completely diminish that. Unless of course we want to be Notre Dame (if offended, leave Cuse fan).

Good to hear that Lillard's have served you well, but I have tried John Wall and D Rose sneakers and Nike and Jordan are absolutely superior. CP3 and Kobe have had my favorite sneakers, in regards to style and how they feel to play in.

Adidas basketball in general is a joke and UA looks like generic novice sneakers that are on the clearance table at Dick's. Cuse has swagger and making a change to either of these companies would completely diminish that. Unless of course we want to be Notre Dame (if offended, leave Cuse fan).

Good to hear that Lillard's have served you well, but I have tried John Wall and D Rose sneakers and Nike and Jordan are absolutely superior. CP3 and Kobe have had my favorite sneakers, in regards to style and how they feel to play in.

I agree. Nike is a far better place to be, basketball wise, and it's not even a discussion at this point.

I do think Adidas has been putting in a lot more effort towards basketball recently and they have stepped it up a bit from what I've seen and heard. Personally I hope them and UA both figure out how to really succeed in bball. More options means Nike can't charge $200 or $175 for the new Kobe's or Lebrons with a straight face.

When I was a kid, Reebok and Fila(very briefly, but it was there) both had legit runs where they made good looking and good performing shoes that people actually bought. Converse was still around and sometimes a factor too. Nike was number 1, but it wasn't a complete landslide. Legit competition is always a good thing for the consumer!

I agree. Nike is a far better place to be, basketball wise, and it's not even a discussion at this point.

I do think Adidas has been putting in a lot more effort towards basketball recently and they have stepped it up a bit from what I've seen and heard. Personally I hope them and UA both figure out how to really succeed in bball. More options means Nike can't charge $200 or $175 for the new Kobe's or Lebrons with a straight face.

When I was a kid, Reebok and Fila(very briefly, but it was there) both had legit runs where they made good looking and good performing shoes that people actually bought. Converse was still around and sometimes a factor too. Nike was number 1, but it wasn't a complete landslide. Legit competition is always a good thing for the consumer!

Would love to see the price of LeBron's, Kobe's, etc drop. The profit margin on these sneakers must be ridiculously high.

Would love to see the price of LeBron's, Kobe's, etc drop. The profit margin on these sneakers must be ridiculously high.

Agreed. Though I've seen them all on huge discounts after some time. I picked up a pair of Kobe 11's for $90. Love playing in them too.

Fair and Grant used to wear retro 11 concords a lot when they were here. Pretty sure Chukwu wears Jordan's when he plays or did play. I remember Coleman would wear retros as well earlier in his career. The trend the past few seasons has been the low top nikes for the most part
Jonny Flynn only wore Jordans. Retro 8's I believe is what you could usually catch him ballin in.

ksdalhcdiresjypns0bu.jpg
2011 team with the most shoe game in college ball.

Isn't this decision based (1) on $$$, and (2) on recruiting advantages. Some feel the shoe company affiliations with AAU teams/NCAA teams determines where these kids go.

Even in the days of Josh Pace, SU guys were wearing J's.

gwmayzlrp2co5hzrfo8j.jpg

Yeah, Air Jordan's have always gotten a lot of wear from SU players. It's the Melos, CP3's, team Jordan shoes, etc. that I've never seen though(though someone above showed where they wore Melo's for a game) that made me wonder how it works because the Jordan Brand schools wear those models all the time.

DaJuan+Coleman+Villanova+v+Syracuse+Xbf5-zRWyWyl.jpg

Dejuan would wear retro 12s quite a bit back then. He'd also wear the grey/orange retro 12.

As a sneakerhead I would kill to have us sponsored by Jordan Brand, that way we can have proper Syracuse themed mainline Air Jordans, it just elevates the school brand to the next level. Pretty all the college themed Air Jordans are the holy grails of the sneaker community.
air-jordan-4-georgetown-1.jpeg.jpg

Air-Jordan-IV-UNC-Tar-Heels-PE.jpg

ifvh0g0iz10bsem2ikuc.jpg

air-jordan-retro-oregon-ducks-collection-1.jpg

Cal (deal expires after this academic year, moving to UA), Georgetown, Michigan, Marquette and North Carolina (obviously) are the universities sponsored by Jordan Brand. Of the five schools, only two have a direct link to the brand as UNC is Jordan's alma mater and current Chicago Bull and Marquette alum, Jimmy Butler is sponsored by them. With Carmelo Anthony not only playing at Syracuse, but being a face of the NBA, it's become a head scratcher as to why the Orange aren't one of the flagships universities under the Jumpman.

All Boeheim's fault ;)

I think Derrick Coleman should hook SU up with BK to make the Cuse unique in the college basketball world. Is there any chance DC has a closet full of Dymacels he can lend to the SUAD?

I say they should all wear the Karl Kani John Wallace's.

th

Do they realize how stupid it is to push out school color sneakers for March Madness for a team that is 5-12 in its own conference?

I guess they probably had to start production on these a while ago. No way to tell which teams will be good, come March.

Or was? Not sure if he still is.

Also Oakland & Fresno State are Jordan schools

They order Jordan Brand apparel, but they are not official Jordan Brand schools.

Also, seems to be a misconception between wearing Jordans in game and being officially outfitted by Jordan Brand. You can wear Jordans. The team doesn't supply them and often has to come out of the player's pockets themselves. The team supplies what Nike gives them. Source: A family friend that played for West Virginia.