Why no field goals | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Why no field goals

It doesn’t make sense when it’s 4th and 7 and you’ve had trouble moving the ball in the red zone . Go up 13. That way even if they score 2td you only need a FG to take back the win. If it were 4th snd 1 or 2 I’d agree with going
Agree. He already had a 30 yesterday field goal. He proved he can from that far

We are going to need FGs at some point. Especially with all the close games I suspect we will play. So give the kid some confidence by making a few chippies in a game. I would have rather been up 13 forcing them to get 2 TDs in the last 2 minutes instead of being up by only 10.

I imagine the kicking during practices was too inconsistent for coach to be confident they would come through during the game and trusted the unit that has been consistent all year to do the heavy lifting
He already made a 40 harder. First three pts

I thought that the next to last 4th down was a huge risk, but it worked out. However, I do get it though given that it was at the 2 yard line. I thought the last one was a bad decision. 4th and 7 is a lot. There is a big difference IMO that late in the game of 13 vs 10. NC State would have been forced at a long 4th and goal vs kicking the FG, so maybe that onside kick never happens. Then again it might have still happened and we are up only 6.

Have you watched this team? I don’t like our odds of making all three. I’m not even all that confident in 2.
I think we are on the same page here. I have watched every game at least twice. My point is we ended up with 7, could have been 14 or even 21. I'll take it over a maybe 9 every time.

Kicking isn't binary for us this year and our possibilities of success are much greater by not kicking. We're much more likely to get 6 points going 1 for 2 on 4th downs for touchdowns than we are going 2 for 2 on field goals. Equally we are less likely to fumble or throw a pick 6 then we are to have a kick blocked and recovered for negative yardage or points. It shouldn't be the case but our historically bad special teams has it being the case

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom