Why Northwestern Will Win | Syracusefan.com

Why Northwestern Will Win

SWC75

Bored Historian
- Yes, they are a lot like Syracuse. If Syracuse had been to four straight bowl games and done so in the Big 10 rather than the Big East.

- They run a spread, which has driven us crazy over the years and pass the ball a lot, putting a lot of pressure on our still young linebackers and secondary who will have to grow up quickly.

- Kain Colter is already the player we hope Ashton Broyld will be someday.

- Why can’t we get a kick returner like Venric Clark, who is a threat to go all the way every time he gets the ball?

- What if nobody emerges for us at running back? What if there are no holes for them and Nassib has to try to win a passing duel with a passing team?

- Duck…here comes one of our punts!

- Our loyal fans will be there in force- at the state fair.

Cue the newer posters who don't realize this is an SWC staple saying: "You're not a true Syracuse fan! How can you make a post like this?!"

It's not football/basketball season until SWC fires these up.

Also cue to the newbies: This was the shortest SWC post ever. EVER. That said, dude is a multi-volume encyclopedia of modern SU sports trivia and information.

Cue to the youngsters: google "encyclopedia". It's sort of a a Wikipedia, but factual.

I'm depressed..SWC's NW wins post is a lot more convincing than his SU wins.

But as usual...a great contributor to the board.

i think all 300 fans are already on this board everyday so i think we are ok...those that aren't looking at the butter sculpture that is.

Also cue to the newbies: This was the shortest SWC post ever. EVER. That said, dude is a multi-volume encyclopedia of modern SU sports trivia and information.

Cue to the youngsters: google "encyclopedia". It's sort of a a Wikipedia, but factual.

Another long one coming up, not sure when. :confused:

Please relax and enjoy all the games this weekend, football or otherwise. I'm still not sure how you generate so many well-researched, detailed and thoughtful posts. It's almost a full-time job just reading them. :cool:

i think all 300 fans are already on this board everyday so i think we are ok...those that aren't looking at the butter sculpture that is.
As the son of a dairy farmer and a long ago forced participant in dairy advocation I say leave the butter sculpture out of this fight. I will not allow an artisan's majestic work in such a soft and difficult medium to become fodder for fair naysayers.

I am going to go out on a limb here - you're wrong, SU wins 23-17!!

Please relax and enjoy all the games this weekend, football or otherwise. I'm still not sure how you generate so many well-researched, detailed and thoughtful posts. It's almost a full-time job just reading them. :cool:

I've done enough of the long stuff for a while, (see "Winning Plays"). The pre-season is over. Now it will be about each individual game. I'll also get back to the "Bold Brave Men of Archbold" about the Schwartzwalder Era, eventually. 1955 is next.

After today's collapse, I don't blame you if you can't summon the energy to do it...looking forward to it nonetheless.

After today's collapse, I don't blame you if you can't summon the energy to do it...looking forward to it nonetheless.

Did it last night- see "Winning Plays"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom