Why not Broyld for the opening series? | Syracusefan.com

Why not Broyld for the opening series?

ImperialOrange

Living Legend
Nassib always comes out over hyped and throwing lasers before calming down. He also needs a series to see what the defense has prepped. We have the read option established, why not throw a change up right out of the gates and establish the run with a runner at QB? It couldn't look any worse then the opening drives we've seen to date.

Nassib always comes out over hyped and throwing lasers before calming down. He also needs a series to see what the defense has prepped. We have the read option established, why not throw a change up right out of the gates and establish the run with a runner at QB? It couldn't look any worse then the opening drives we've seen to date.
Don't bet it could not look worse. Put a freshman in to start over a 3 year starter and you expect more composure?

I might be more entertained watching our future than the past if we are going to lose anyway. Just my opinion.

the thing with a player like AB is that he needs reps, early and often to get sufficiently warmed up to make good things happen. I'd be fine with just getting him more reps. When he is not fumbling the guy is the one playmaker we have, PLAY HIM!

but not at qb, at rb

Nassib would throw a 95 mph heater at an infant 5-feet away.

We all want Broyld to get in... but let's not go crazy and start him over Nassib. It's not like this is 2008.

With the season still well within our grasps, if we start taking chances like this one, I may lose all faith in Marrone. This would be a terrible idea to start Broyld over Nassib at this juncture. If we're 2-6 and the season has completely gotten away from us, I have no problem, but this is way to early to start tinkering with our QBs.

Nassib is the dude, he gives us the best chance at winning the BE title
Right, i'm not saying bench Nassib for Broyld entirely just run Broyld at qb the first series. Nassib can take the first snap at qb with Broyld on the field. 2nd play have Broyld at qb and Nassib out wide. 3td snap Broyld at qb and Nassib subbed out. Let Nassib watch the defense a few snaps on the sideline then come back in at qb the rest of the way.