Why not | Syracusefan.com

Why not

20Plus

Come out pressing
I can honestly say there was years that I actually would keep track. It was unbelievable against teams that we were far better than the same or that but we're better than us we would always get behind early it's over 60% guaranteed.

I just think the press takes a 30nd clock and brings it to 20 or less by the time they get set in their offense

Come out pressing
I can honestly say there was years that I actually would keep track. It was unbelievable against teams that we were far better than the same or that but we're better than us we would always get behind early it's over 60% guaranteed.

I just think the press takes a 30nd clock and brings it to 20 or less by the time they get set in their offense
I would worry about foul trouble.

it's going to be a tough year. people need to accept that. if JB gets this group to the NCAA, it might be his best job ever.

Come out pressing

Because no team has an unlimited supply of energy. The press wears your players out faster.

JB will do it more because the has some confidence in the two center's ability to protect the rim when the other team breaks the press.

Because no team has an unlimited supply of energy. The press wears your players out faster.

JB will do it more because the has some confidence in the two center's ability to protect the rim when the other team breaks the press.
I didn't say the whole game I said to start the game!

Last edited by a moderator:
It has worked against undersized D2 guards who have trouble seeing over a trap etc, we need to see how it would work against D1 talent with taller guards and forwards who can handle the ball, pass, to break a press. Pressing is a good way to get our players more time, more experience, take advantage of depth and let JB see how different players can help in specific situations.

it's going to be a tough year. people need to accept that. if JB gets this group to the NCAA, it might be his best job ever.

If JB gets this team to the NIT, it might be his best job ever.

Come out pressing

You think also how teams offensively challenged do so well like Louisville and it just makes sense. Pressure teams to make good decisions under duress, shoot quicker and shoot over shot blockers. Makes it a simpler game where you can maximize your athleticism.

I would worry about foul trouble.
Nah, this year there’s no drop off from 1 thru 8. And I wish I meant that as a compliment.

If there isnt a huge drop off in talent past a certain point, as a number of folks on here have suggested, then JB wouldnt lose as much by going deep into the bench like he would in other years. If he kept the foot on the gas, it would force the other team to go deeper into their bench, possibly at least partially neutralizing the talent differential.

Do it in memory of Nolan Richardson. Duke would have yet another title if not for him, and for that alone, this man deserves to have his memory/style honored.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom