Why not... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Why not...

I know people are split on this, but I do think it helps with recruiting. There is a reason that the top programs don't change much from year to year and a big part of that is that they are recruiting the top kids. Cuse recruits great kids but many people across the country wouldn't put us in the "Elite program" class with Kentucky, Kansas, North Carolina and Duke. I know there are other top schools as well but those four seem to get the most publicity as the echelon of college basketball. We are extremely close to breaking into that group, but I'm sure we don't get there without winning another NC and a few years of finishing first in the ACC<

We are there. We have a lot of the "drawing power" and "name brand" etc those schools do. If we are not we are as close as can be (and we get the chance to spank UNC and Duke in their conference next year.) Syracuse basketball is in great shape right now.

We WOULD NOT be at that level if we did not have the Wesley Johnson year where we got a #1 ranking. We followed it up with getting to #1 last year. And this year we should spend the entire season in the top 10. Thats how you have to do it. Being ranked top 10 all year will make up for not getting ranked #1 at all since after Lville we can lose another game and stay top 10 at 2 losses.

Getting NBA busts picked in the lottery helps as well. Our exposure is second to none save for those 4 schools you mentioned and JB getting basically everyone who plays big minutes a shot in the NBA.

We were not always at this level. Up until the Johnson year we were a notch below even if we had the name appeal and were a top 10 historic hoops program. Its the only reason why the 97, 02, 07, 08 teams didn't get bids because we were not at this level then and if we were/if those teams were Duke they would have been in.

Why aren't we as worthy as any other team to be ranked #1 on Monday? There are, what, five one-loss high-major teams out there? And only one of them beat the #1 team today.

Yeah, I know it won't happen, but why does everyone here seem to think we are not worthy? Maybe our OOC sked was a bit suspect... but we beat the frigging #1 team today... on its home court!

Shouldn't that count for something?
We should be # 1 or #2 but will be # 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom