Why Paterno Was Morally & Ethically Right Not To Go Further | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Why Paterno Was Morally & Ethically Right Not To Go Further

Well, you're wrong. Joe isn't going to prison. Sandusky is. The parents are almost always fatherless households. A mom would think isn't it nice that a successful man is helping my child. Don't blame the parents. Paterno ran that school. Sandusky worked for him. He knew what when on. He didn't stop it. F him. I hope he burns in hell. the guy you thought you loved cusestudent, didn't exist. Happens all the time. So often, we reallt don't know people we like from afar. Take Mel Gibson. He always seemed like a good guy. He is not.

i am playing devil's advocate here as no one else in the country seems to be doing. i personally feel there is a lot of blame to go around in this situation, including the parents (what parent doesn't see a difference in their child after something like that occurs?). the youth need to be educated that they need to come forward and tell someone when something terrible like this happens or else this stuff will continue. i love joepa, he has been a true icon of this sport and i feel he has been attacked by the media...he looks even more like the villain than sandusky when you look at the espn coverage. yes, he didn't do all he could do in this case, but the media almost makes it seem like he was the one doing all the raping...

Yes Joe Pa is guilty of raping the kids. He allowed Sandusky to roam free. He gave Sandusky a safe haven and a means to rape kids. Without Joe Pa, Sandusky would not have been able to rape those kids. So yes he is guilty as well. Joe Pa could have stopped this 20 years ago by turning Sandusky in. At the very least he could have kicked Sandusky out of town and prevented him from having the carrot to attract kids.

Joe Pa built PSU, and he was the reason that it will be destroyed. There was no reason what so ever to protect Sandusky. Joe Pa may have killed PSU because of this. Why did he even risk that if he had nothing to gain? One of the stupidest decisions in the history of man kind.

dash,
this same situation arises time and time again though with parents that don't pay attention to their children. either something like this happens or they're selling drugs or robbing people, but the parent has no idea what's going on; the kids are the true victims as they cannot protect or raise themselves. yes, i do blame the parents to a certain extent for not paying attention to their children (you would think one out of eight would realize hey somethings going on with my kid).
sandusky is guilty i hope he goes to prison and gets raped to death by bubba in the shower. the grad assistant could definitely be prosecuted since he witnessed the crimes and was the one that really did nothing about what was going on. pa...a case could be made for it but in the long run he could have just done more all the way around, and i'm sure he hates himself now that he realizes how wrong he was.

that is the thing. I don't think he does hate himself for it. I think he has removed himself from the whole mess.

that is the thing. I don't think he does hate himself for it. I think he has removed himself from the whole mess.

He doesn't think he did anything wrong.

dash,
this same situation arises time and time again though with parents that don't pay attention to their children. either something like this happens or they're selling drugs or robbing people, but the parent has no idea what's going on; the kids are the true victims as they cannot protect or raise themselves. yes, i do blame the parents to a certain extent for not paying attention to their children (you would think one out of eight would realize hey somethings going on with my kid).
sandusky is guilty i hope he goes to prison and gets raped to death by bubba in the shower. the grad assistant could definitely be prosecuted since he witnessed the crimes and was the one that really did nothing about what was going on. pa...a case could be made for it but in the long run he could have just done more all the way around, and i'm sure he hates himself now that he realizes how wrong he was.
You're seriously wondering why a child wouldn't go to their parent and say "mommy a man stuck his dick in my butt." I'm embarrassed I go to the same school as you.

i am playing devil's advocate here as no one else in the country seems to be doing. i personally feel there is a lot of blame to go around in this situation, including the parents (what parent doesn't see a difference in their child after something like that occurs?). the youth need to be educated that they need to come forward and tell someone when something terrible like this happens or else this stuff will continue. i love joepa, he has been a true icon of this sport and i feel he has been attacked by the media...he looks even more like the villain than sandusky when you look at the espn coverage. yes, he didn't do all he could do in this case, but the media almost makes it seem like he was the one doing all the raping...

Whatta u, 12 yrs old?
I'm trying to be objective & give you the benefit of the doubt, but you're either a dimwit or purposely being a troll.
"What parent doesn't see a difference in their kids..."? Are you fricken serious?
Dude, this is a very personal issue to many of us- I have a 10 yr old son, & reading that GJ transcript made me want to get on a plane, go to "Happy" Valley, & beat the outta JoePa & all those idiots who said & did...nothing, nada, zilch, to help that kid!
Do you realize we STILL don't know who that child was that was getting anally raped by Sandusky... on PSU premises...in their locker-room?
If you're just being obtuse, have some decency & stop.
If you're speaking out of ignorance than start gathering facts before you post.
Either way, grow the f*%k up!!!!:bang:

dash,

Are you out of your ing mind?

Do us a favor, save this thread somewhere, and in 10 years read it. You're going to be mortified.

you keep being on the wrong side of this. why do you keep defending someone that allowed a pedophile to be around his program for 15 years so that more kids could be raped?

well the university either thinks he was right in the measures he took or they are willing to let him stay on until the end of the year...personally i think did as much as he could. was it his fault the police didn't do they're job in this situation?

Was Paterno right in letting Sandusky and yet another second mile kid into the closed practice in 2007? If you're Joe, and you know about anything from the 2002 incident (read: rape), how can you possibly let that happen?

Was Paterno right in letting Sandusky and yet another second mile kid into the closed practice in 2007? If you're Joe, and you know about anything from the 2002 incident (read: rape), how can you possibly let that happen?

Screw 2002 he knew about 98 and maybe earlier than that. I hate that the Joe Pa apologists focus on 2002 when it should have never happened in the first place had Joe Pa acted correctly in 98 or earlier.

The other issue is that they keep using JoePa's nominal place in the hierarchy at PSU, rather than defining how much power he had.
Exactly right.This goes much,much deeper than whether he did enough or not in reporting this to his "superiors".Paterno WAS PSU.There is no chain of command,he WAS the chain of command.He was king at PSU.Nothing happened down there that he didn't know about and have control of.If this is reported to him and he tells them to go to the cops,they go to the cops.If he tells them it cant get out and make it go away,it goes away.If there's a cover up and obviously there was,it's because he ordered it.

Screw 2002 he knew about 98 and maybe earlier than that. I hate that the Joe Pa apologists focus on 2002 when it should have never happened in the first place had Joe Pa acted correctly in 98 or earlier.
+1.

I've said that exactly about 50 times now. So many want to focus on one incident in 2002 and cry Paterno did what he should, instead of looking at the pattern of 15+ years of abuse.

Exactly right.This goes much,much deeper than whether he did enough or not in reporting this to his "superiors".Paterno WAS PSU.There is no chain of command,he WAS the chain of command.He was king at PSU.Nothing happened down there that he didn't know about and have control of.If this is reported to him and he tells them to go to the cops,they go to the cops.If he tells them it cant get out and make it go away,it goes away.If there's a cover up and obviously there was,it's because he ordered it.

He also knew everything that went on. If one of his players pissed on a tree he knew about it. Yet he didn't know Sandusky was bringing little boys around all the time?

dash,

Quite possibly the worst series of posts in the many versions of this board. Blaming the parents? Good -king lord.

He also knew everything that went on. If one of his players pissed on a tree he knew about it. Yet he didn't know Sandusky was bringing little boys around all the time?

He knew about the ban on him bringing kids on campus following the 02 incident.He HAD to see him at practices with little boys for what? 6-7 years after?

notice i have already stated that i am playing devil's advocate here...does anyone on this board know what i mean by that? what i am stating is not of my personal opinion, but that of collective arguments i have read in paterno's defense. there is no obvious defense in this case as all of the arguments have shown it's even a slam dunk case for the monday morning quarterback to prosecute; anyone in their right mind can see what was going on here and paterno probably knew about this crap going on the day that sandusky stepped on campus. these were all arguments that i have heard defending joe paterno and my thoughts were the same exact thing as yours. yes, i do lack experience in the world, i don't have kids, and that probably is what allows me to play devil's advocate in this situation. think about what a defense attorney does on a daily basis to actually try and keep a rapist or a murderer from going to prison...it's not a popular thing to do but someone has to do it.

i'm sorry if you all think i'm an idiot and that's fine by me, but i played the game, got the reaction i was expecting, and got a bunch of ideas for a paper that i'm writing. if you think i honestly had those opinions then believe what you want to i'm not going to stop you it's a free country and you're all grown men entitled to your own opinion. now let's worry about more important things like the game that is happening tomorrow i'm sure we could all use the time away from this crap.

I agree, but I was responding to a Joe Pa apologist so 2002 seems to be the incident that he most clearly knew something about.

notice i have already stated that i am playing devil's advocate here...does anyone on this board know what i mean by that? what i am stating is not of my personal opinion, but that of collective arguments i have read in paterno's defense. there is no obvious defense in this case as all of the arguments have shown it's even a slam dunk case for the monday morning quarterback to prosecute; anyone in their right mind can see what was going on here and paterno probably knew about this crap going on the day that sandusky stepped on campus. these were all arguments that i have heard defending joe paterno and my thoughts were the same exact thing as yours. yes, i do lack experience in the world, i don't have kids, and that probably is what allows me to play devil's advocate in this situation. think about what a defense attorney does on a daily basis to actually try and keep a rapist or a murderer from going to prison...it's not a popular thing to do but someone has to do it.

i'm sorry if you all think i'm an idiot and that's fine by me, but i played the game, got the reaction i was expecting, and got a bunch of ideas for a paper that i'm writing. if you think i honestly had those opinions then believe what you want to i'm not going to stop you it's a free country and you're all grown men entitled to your own opinion. now let's worry about more important things like the game that is happening tomorrow i'm sure we could all use the time away from this crap.

Why even bother playing Devil's advocate? JoePa and Sandusky are the devils.

i love joepa, he has been a true icon of this sport and i feel he has been attacked by the media.

He has been EXPOSED by the media. Nothing more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom