Why Rutgers Will Win | Syracusefan.com

Why Rutgers Will Win

SWC75

Bored Historian
Why Rutgers will win:

- Because they are better than we are. They’ve been out-recruiting us for years. They are 5-0. We are 2-3. They are ranked #19. We are unranked. They are at home. Do the math.

- Of course we beat them there two years ago. But they had no legitimate quarterback then. They do now.

- They have a very legitimate defense, ranked 15th in the country. They are 2nd against the run despite having only 9 sacks in 5 games, (we have 14). Will we try to establish the run against this team?

- What happened to our dynamic passing offense? I though we were going to wear teams out with it and dare them to try to keep up with us. Now we have two offensive touchdowns in our last two games. Are we back to two years ago- hoping the defense will win the game for us?

- The defense had played well but with some serious lapses in the first four games. They played well for 60 minutes and won us the Pitt game. How often can they do that? Will we tackle as well as we did against Pitt, the best tackling game I’ve seen a Syracuse team have in years. Will it be years until I see it again? Jawan Jamison and those big receivers will put it to the test. If Shamarko can’t go or isn’t 100%, we may fail that test.

- The biggest reason they are 5-0 while we are 3-2 isn’t the schedule. It’s that they are +9 in turnovers, (4 vs. 13) and we are -6 (11 vs. 5). We were 1-1 vs. Pitt. What is the likelihood of that happening in this game?

- Will the real SU please stand up? Are we an aerial circus that rolls up 500 yards a game? Are we a pathetic offense that scores one TD per game? Are we a gang-tackling defense that won’t let us lose. Or do our defenders bounce off ball carriers as they did in the USC and Stony Brook games or bend and break as they did in the final drive vs. Northwestern and the first drive of the second half vs. Minnesota. Are we the team that had 4 turnovers and 10 penalties vs. Minnesota or the team that had 1 turnovers and three penalties vs. Pittsburgh? Stay tuned.

This is more robust than the 'Why Syr will win' thread. Feeling nervous.

I couldn't sleep...this didn't help much to keep me from debating all possible outcomes in my head

Rutgers doesn't have many sacks this year but must put some pressure on the QB since they lead the Big East in interceptions with 12. Jamison also leads the conference in rushing yards and is good enough to go to the NFL after this year.

The shedule does count my friends. It's easier to obtain a large turnover margin against bad teams. Also SU is 2-1 in the past 3 games against them and should easily be 3-0. So the recruiting thing is pure BS.

Don't know why, but I feel like we've been 'hiding' elements of the offense. For example, the tank formation. Did our coaches just dream up a full back and a big tailback on first and goal? Where was tank in first 4 games?

Hopefully anything else we have up our sleeves is used today. We're not at point where we should be saving good ideas for team XX down the road.

This is more robust than the 'Why Syr will win' thread. Feeling nervous.

Quality over quantity. I had to think harder to figure out why Rutgers would win. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom