Why Syracuse will win | Syracusefan.com

Why Syracuse will win

SWC75

Bored Historian
- Here’s NC State’s injured list, per USA Today:
There’s only 8 names on it but 7 of them are determined not available for this game. McCloud, Witt, Person, Autenrieth and Riley were all starters on the pre-season depth chart. Palmer has played extensively for them and Hockman will start at QB for this game. He has a leg injury. Our guy has an arm injury. Tommy may not be able to throw as well as normal but Hockman, who was not regarded as mobile to begin with, may be a sitting duck for Robinson and Coleman. Anyway, neither team is quite what they expected to be at this point in the season.

- We know who our quarterback is. They are still trying to figure it out. The quarterback is the beating heart of a football team. They are having open heart surgery. We’ve got some bumps and bruises but our heart is still beating. Hockman was 21 for 40 for 208 yards and one score against Florida State last week. That’s not impressive: 19 incompletions and less than 10 yards a completion. Per attempt, that’s 5.2. Tommy is 11.6 yards per completion and 7.3 per attempt.

- The Pack thins out when you put the ball in the air they are giving up 294 yards per game against power five teams. If DeVito is fully up to it, we can do that, (and will probably have to). We passed for 480 yards against them last season and they were healthier then. Trishton Jackson has been having a big year and Taj Harris finally had a big game against Holy Cross. Aaron Hackett and Luke Benson have become major weapons. We’ve had some success passing to backs, (especially against Clemson). And if you cover all that, DeVito can run 60 yards for a touchdown, (there’s nothing wrong with his legs).

- We get to play against a George McDonald offense. E-I E-I Oh.

- State, like us is 3-0 vs. non power conference teams (109-29) but 0-2 vs. power conference teams (40-75). That’s a wash. Sort of.

- Hofrichter and Szymt. Nobody can match them. And kicking can decide a close game.

- Dino keeps saying that everything is supposed to come together in the 4th through the 6th game. This is the sixth game.

1570676940271.png

3-2 and 7+ to go!

LET’S GO ORANGE!!!

You make it sound so easy ... I’m looking forward to seeing what the middle of the season holds. I’m quite sure I’ll be cursing my way right through a bowl game.

For me this game is a litmus test for our program. Year 4 of the rebuild, on the road in a not so crazy environment, both teams banged up, and both with a week to prepare. Excited to see where we are talent wise, scheme wise, and game day coaching wise.

Pressure. Pressure. Pressure. Force NC State's line to protect against a QB that hasn't been tested.

This will probably be the loudest road environment we see all season.
Been there twice - not on Thursday night obviously but if this is the toughest environment we see all year this league is soft.

Been there twice - not on Thursday night obviously but if this is the toughest environment we see all year this league is soft.

This league is soft. Outside of Clemson and VT (and us if we have a big night game against the #1 team in the country), who has a really loud atmosphere?

FSU has at times, but lately they’re lucky to get 75% capacity, and the boos are generally directed inward.

Louisville can get loud but they’re likely looking at 5 straight losses leading to our game, which will probably be at noon.

Duke? Ha

Maryland was quiet.

Anyone who says Liberty gets the Jeremy Piven Phys Ed thesis reaction from PCU.

Just leaves a night game at Carter-Finley.

Droz: Want some advice?
Tom: Well, yeah.

Droz: Well, here's all you need to know. Classes: nothing before eleven. Beer: it's your best friend, you drink a lot. Women? You're a freshman, so it's pretty much out of the question. Will you have a car?

Tom: Uh, no.

Droz: Someone on your floor will. Find them and make friends with them on the first day.

Droz: Want some advice?
Tom: Well, yeah.

Droz: Well, here's all you need to know. Classes: nothing before eleven. Beer: it's your best friend, you drink a lot. Women? You're a freshman, so it's pretty much out of the question. Will you have a car?

Tom: Uh, no.

Droz: Someone on your floor will. Find them and make friends with them on the first day.

Can you show me where the campus is???!!!!

blitz blitz and blitz some more. please send the house every down and do not let this QB and the freshman tackle get comfortable.

blitz blitz and blitz some more. please send the house every down and do not let this QB and the freshman tackle get comfortable.

And true freshmen RBs trying to pick up blitz assignments.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom