Why Syracuse Will Win | Syracusefan.com

Why Syracuse Will Win

SWC75

Bored Historian
- The Trojans play “Conquest” when they score- but they lost the Trojan War to the Greeks who alter founded Syracuse, the Sicilian city our burg is named after. So when they play “Conquest”, they should be playing it for us.

- These aren’t you older brother’s Trojans. Just like us, they were 8-5 last year and are an unimpressive 2-0 this year. We aren’t playing the laundry- we are playing the guys wearing it.

- The fact that Robert Woods had caught 25 passes for 279 yards in two games tells me that he’s very good. But it also tells me that he’s their primary threat, with no one being close, (their second best receiver has 7 catches). It also says that they aren’t throwing deep (11.2 yards per catch: last year it was 12.2). Van Chew is averaging 12.1. I think that if Scott Shafer decides to take one guy out of a game, he can figure out a scheme to do it.

- We can’t be this bad. We’ve hardly seen the shotgun and never seen the wildcat, even with Mackey in there to snap for it. Antown Bailey has caught 1 pass, (he caught 62 passes the last two years as a part-time player). Nick Provo has hardly seen the ball. There have to be some things the coaching staff has been holding back for this game that will make us look like a much different team than we’ve seen. We’ve had trouble with other teams showing us stuff we didn’t expect. Now it’s our turn.

- Goggins and Marinovich, who wanted to be Trojans will spend the afternoon in the Trojans backfield instead.

- Schafer was the coach of the Stanford team that beat USC in the Coliseum in 2007 as a 41 point underdog, ending a 35 game home winning streak. USC was 4-0 and ranked #2. Stanford was 1-4 and wound up 4-8. They held the Trojans to 96 yards rushing and picked off four passes. Schafer has more to work with than he did then and is facing a much lesser USC team. He will find a way do it again.

2-0 and 10 to go

LET’S GO ORANGE!!!

The Trojan War argument is an excellent point that I had overlooked. I feel much more confident now.

- Goggins and Marinovich, who wanted to be Trojans will spend the afternoon in the Trojans backfield instead.

Marinovich always wanted to make his own name, never interested in USC. I am correcting you, but only because I think it speaks volumes about how he sees the opportunity to go into the coliseum and wreak havoc...he'll finally show up this game

The Trojan War argument is an excellent point that I had overlooked. I feel much more confident now.

Sometimes I have to stretch things a bit to come up with these "reasons". ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom