Why Syracuse Will Win | Syracusefan.com

Why Syracuse Will Win

SWC75

Bored Historian
- We are out-gaining our opponents by 110 yards a game. That’s the 20th best margin in the nation, (UCONN is +60). Notre Dame is +101. Cincinnati is +113. Oregon State is +96. Ohio U. is +54. Kansas State is +88. Louisville is +78. Mississippi State is +81. Florida is +81. Rutgers is +32. Their combined record? 53-0. When you keep filling a reservoir with water, at some point the dam is going to break.

- Guess who’s last in red zone defense in the country? UCONN!. Teams have scored every time they ended the Huskie red zone and 80% of the time they’ve scored touchdowns.

- The Huskies are horrible on offense. McCombs was only averaging 3.6 yards a carry. That’s better than his team, which is averaging 2.7 yards per carry. That’s a P-D team averaging 2.7 yards per carry.

- Chandler Whitmer was supposed to give them the passing game they lacked last year. He had passed for 3022 yards and 22 TDs in junior college. He has 6 TDs and 10 interceptions.

- We are 5-15 in turnover margin. But they are 9-16. We are due for a “plus game and if we get one, this could be a blow-out.

- Scott Shafer’s strong and improving defense is going to rip these guys up. We are #28 overall, 46th against the run, 27th against the pass and 50th in the red zone. They are due to create some turnovers, too.

- I still think our offensive line will be good when they get it together. The return of Justin Pugh after a long lay-off and the re-shuffling that required set them back a bit but, after Ryan Nassib’s third sack, (and fumble) early in the third quarter vs. Rutgers, he had time to throw and passed for 196 yards after that in less than a half vs. an undefeated team with the 18th best defense in the country. If he has 196 yards in the whole game vs. Connecticut, that might be enough to beat this team, because they are going nowhere.

So many things are in place for SU’s success. We have been building up the facilities. We have recruited well. We’ve gone from being uncompetitive to competitive to dominating the box score. The off-the field work of the coaching staff with their leadership and life-skills program is something to be proud of. Going to the ACC will be a financial and recruiting windfall. We just need to start to win. And to do that we need to learn to win. It starts Friday night.

2-4 with 6 more

LET’S GO ORANGE!!!

In 2003 the Orange averaged 4.5 yards per rush.

And in the final year of P & D 2004 the Orange averaged 4.5 yards per rush.

In Robinson's first year the Orange averaged 3.0 yards per rush.

In 2003 the Orange averaged 4.5 yards per rush.

And in the final year of P & D 2004 the Orange averaged 4.5 yards per rush.

In Robinson's first year the Orange averaged 3.0 yards per rush.

That's my point. P-D always produced teams that ran the ball well. This one doesn't. That will help us win.

One of the best upsides i can remember and with great timing for obvious reasons

f*&% Pukon!

That's my point. P-D always produced teams that ran the ball well. This one doesn't. That will help us win.

Exactly.

My point as well.

But McCombs is back.

I think your Why Syracuse Will Lose post was more convincing. :(

" We are out-gaining our opponents by xxx yards a game."

Didn't everybody say that last week? Result?

We will win because Jerome Smith is getting better each week (and will get more carries) and Stevens, Kobena & Clark are healthy and provide more balance to the attack.

We will win because this defense, and this team (unlike others under Doug), will get better in the second half of the season.

And he's a very good back who ran the ball down our throats last year.
True...but we've added significant beef along the DL this year including a healthy Crume. We proved the last two weeks that we're much stronger along the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.

P&D have less play makers on offense to work with than even we do. If we control their running game and contain number 94 on defense and take care of the football on offense, this game could turn into a lopsided win for us. If we continue to turn the ball over it will be a dog fight.

And he's a very good back who ran the ball down our throats last year.
Yes, but their all-league C (first team) and all-league OT (second team) graduated. Petrus at center was a big factor in how their second QB killed us with runs. We should match up better tonight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom