Why Syracuse Will Win | Syracusefan.com

Why Syracuse Will Win

SWC75

Bored Historian
Why SYRACUSE will win

- They’ve beaten their first four opponents by 161-74 but lost to their next four by 73-157. That may be because they were playing Florida State, Clemson, Boston College and Louisville instead of Georgia Southern Old Dominion, South Florida and Presbyterian. We haven’t beaten anybody good but neither have they.

- Our offense will get well against their defense, which has sprung some serious leaks. AJ Long will get a chance to show his talent, as will Steve Ismael. And our top three runners are averaging 5.4, 6.2 and 6.0 yards per carry. And the guy behind them is at 8.1.

- Our defense is better than theirs- 42nd in the country in yards, 34th in rushing, 62nd in passing and 20th in turnover margin, (we are +6). We caused 5 turnovers vs. Notre Dame, 4 vs. Clemson. But against this team, it will matter.

- Both teams need this win. Home team gets it.

- We are hurting but we have the stout hearts necessary to overcome our injuries and win this game:

3-5 with 4+ to go…..

LET’S GO ORANGE!!!

Nit-picky me: substitute Maryland for BC.

Great analysis as usual.

northacuse said:
Nit-picky me: substitute Maryland for BC. Great analysis as usual.

I think he was referring to NC State's schedule and record, not ours.

Nelson Eddy Thanks for the stroll down memory lane. As a high school student at Syracuse Central during the late 40's I ran the hat check concession at the school for concerts held at the school (we had the largest concert auditorium in the city at that time) and I was privileged to meet Nelson Eddy at that time and get his autograph. He was a very nice man and I felt very honored that he would take a moment and show me that courtesy.

Cross the goal line and don't get stopped at the 3 to 5 yard line. Ram the ball down their throats and run for 200+. AJ is more comfortable and hits his reads and progressions which includes a tight end making some nice catches/yards. Defense forces 3 turnovers and the offense has 90 snaps.

Nelson Eddy Thanks for the stroll down memory lane. As a high school student at Syracuse Central during the late 40's I ran the hat check concession at the school for concerts held at the school (we had the largest concert auditorium in the city at that time) and I was privileged to meet Nelson Eddy at that time and get his autograph. He was a very nice man and I felt very honored that he would take a moment and show me that courtesy.

I'm not sure but I believe I'm the only person to have posted Nelson Eddy clips to this board. :cool:

You and I may be the only 2 on this board who know who Nelson Eddy was

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom