WILC 2019 | Syracusefan.com

WILC 2019

Not a Cuse alum but gaht dayum this is about as nasty as it gets. I used to think I liked watching lacrosse but more and more I realize I just like watching Canadians and Native Americans play lacrosse.

1569340155478.png

Watched almost the entire Iroquois v Canada game last night. Skill level/entertainment value is off the charts. The stick skills necessary to play at the level they do in a box setting is astounding. The 19-12 score doesn't show how hard fought and close it was for 3 1/2 quarters. The international refs call a ton of frustrating penalties that slowly began to cripple the Iroquois due to Canada's lethal power play skills. Also it could have been a totally different game if Lyle Thompson and Austin Staats were playing/healthy. Randy Staats and Cody Jamieson both had great games.

Tehoka, despite taking a step back this past year in the outdoor game, is still clearly an absolute generational talent in terms of pure stick skills. At least in that category, you can put him up against any of the all time greats, John Grant Jr, Gary Gait, Tom Marachek, anyone. His lack of mobility and endurance clearly held him back last year, and could very well prove to be what keeps him out of the pantheon of all time greats overall, but I have a feeling we will be seeing a more fleet footed athletic version of him as a Junior. He looked a lot lighter on his feet than he did against us last year and in general seems to have regained some motivation that seemed missing. I mean just look at this. He does things like this every game he plays. No one else in the history of the game has made the impossible look so effortless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom