Wilder - Fury | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Wilder - Fury

Although this is Fury's moment in the sun, for anyone who isn't familiar with why Deontay WIlder got into boxing, this is a nice 4 minute clip. After the match is was nice to see that daughter there with other family members.

Both seem like nice guys who respect each other, (it helps that they've both sent each other to the canvas). They are easy to root for.

Wilder, like a lot of knock-out artists, became over-reliant on his own power, (and one punch) and was used to opponents looking for a place to hide from it. He never learned what to do when the opponent comes after him. He kept going backwards, which can be easily countered by the opponent moving forward. You need lateral movement and to know how to clinch without the opponent getting on top of you. Deontay never learned that. Now he needs to learn his profession, as Tyson has done, to fully utilize his abilities.

Fury is a bad man. I’d still be out cold if I ate this.

Every punch landed in a prizefight would put most of us in the hospital and a punch that knocks a fighter down would probably kill us.

This fight has always interested me:

Butler's sucker punch dislodged Grant's jaw, loosened some teeth and required 26 stitches. The thing is, Grant had taken Butler's punches for 10 rounds and actually won the fight. How is it that this one punch was so damaging. obviously the answer lies in the fact that he wasn't expecting it. Somehow, fighters can brace themselves for the punishment and limit it's destructiveness when they are expecting to get hit but are totally vulnerable when not expecting to get hit. We'd be totally vulnerable because we wouldn't know how to protect ourselves or how to absorb the force of the punch without getting crushed by it. I still don't know how they do it - but that's the point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom