Wildhack Presser | Streaming 11 AM Monday | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Wildhack Presser | Streaming 11 AM Monday

"Mr. Wildhack there's a Louisianna number on line 1"

mqdefault.jpg

It’s weird we’d need a search firm to do background checks on a guy that was just recently our coach. And the coach needing advice from someone about the school, he was just coaching at. That whole tweet seems weird to me for some reason.

Yup that can't be Syracuse that has to be another team. We wouldn't need to hire a firm to do a check on White that would be crazy. Hiring a firm is what leading me to believe that it will not be White.

Name your two best guesses based on gut and what you think you know:
White
Diaz
Gut says Chesney, White.
I think I know nothing. (Actually pretty sure.)

Last edited:
The phrase that scares me is “strategic investments.” That’s buzzwordy for “not much to spend and need to make the most of it.” We know that’s the reality and it’s limiting…but so will the potential hires. The hire could be great but I would guess they won’t jump off the page as super exciting.
Programs like Auburn and Michigan state, texas a&m, Nebraska spend all the money in the world at will . How’s that working out for them?

UTEP would make more sense as their respective search committee doing its due diligence on a guy with local ties to El Paso (White) and Rhule's comment about making a 'smart' move.

Committee wouldn't have much need to call White given his close ties with SU and relationship with JW. Still think White is the leader at the clubhouse for SU, but don't think that committee reaching out is necessarily in regard to Cuse

UTEP would make more sense as their respective search committee doing its due diligence on a guy with local ties to El Paso (White) and Rhule's comment about making a 'smart' move.

Committee wouldn't have much need to call White given his close ties with SU and relationship with JW. Still think White is the leader at the clubhouse for SU, but don't think that committee reaching out is necessarily in regard to Cuse
San Diego State is also VERY interested in Tony. Could be them.

Guess we can finally put to bed the "who wants to Coach at Syracuse" line. Per Wildhack had more calls yesterday with interest in the opening then he's ever had before in a single day since he's been at Syracuse.
This is NOT a bad job. It’s so on brand for CNYers to say it is. We can win. Totally unique environment and with the portal u just have to frickin work it.

Wow, we got a surprising amount of info with this PC. Tons to chew on now and discuss.

Awesome message board material for the rest of the week.
Remember when shafer was coach, this board was buzzing constantly with interesting conversations. I hope the next guy gives enough breadcrumbs for all of us sports psychos to argue about. Lol

If Doug comes back they have to tell him he must work with the Football alumni. He didn't like them around before, from what I heard, and they are important for the players to look up to and also for NIL donations or other donations.

Remember when shafer was coach, this board was buzzing constantly with interesting conversations. I hope the next guy gives enough breadcrumbs for all of us sports psychos to argue about. Lol
I wasn’t around back then so this is all new to me, exciting times!

I was happy to hear JW talk about our "4 1/2 hour recruiting radius".

Drive 300 miles south and you're in Baltimore. Drive 300 miles west and you're in Cleveland.

For as terrible as NYS is at producing FBS talent, it's not nearly as dire if you extend things out to that radius.
U need to reach the DMV

I was happy to hear JW talk about our "4 1/2 hour recruiting radius".

Drive 300 miles south and you're in Baltimore. Drive 300 miles west and you're in Cleveland.

For as terrible as NYS is at producing FBS talent, it's not nearly as dire if you extend things out to that radius.
This is kind of what I have meant by references to Northeast. Basically anything within Ohio, WV, Northern Virginia. All within a 6 hour drive.

Four I think after this morning
Doug
Bill O
Manny Diaz
Al Golden

I think you're right on and even in that order. This is what I was thinking after the morning and going through all of his actual comments. These 4 plus Chesney and probably White.

Northeast imo is going to be a big factor. He did specify it can be as a player, coach or assistant coach. So that also includes White. One thing about White; he has pre-existing relationships with these kids.

Wasn't Wildhack a poster here at one time? I'm pretty sure I recall that he had a handle here and it wouldn't surprise me if he drops in from time to time to get a temperature read from the fanbase that posts here. Granted there is a lot of nonsense that gets posted but there are some really intelligent folks around these parts.
True. Wildhack's all up in my DMs wanting my H0T Takes.

How do I say this. I wouldn’t hate White. But I also don’t want White. If anything, JW has continually been safe with his hires. White, in my opinion is the safe hire. He coached here, his defense was successful.

I just think that is the easy way out and will also keep the staff intact, which also saves money. Yes I’m sure there will be some changes but he has worked with almost all of them before and probably wouldn’t be wholesale changes.

So please, don’t be white. But I fully expect it to be white.

I think you're right on and even in that order. This is what I was thinking after the morning and going through all of his actual comments. These 4 plus Chesney and probably White.

Northeast imo is going to be a big factor. He did specify it can be as a player, coach or assistant coach. So that also includes White. One thing about White; he has pre-existing relationships with these kids.
I don't think BOB or Marrone are dying to get back into college football or even want to. I kind of felt that either could have pursued the GT job last year and didn't. I do think O'Briens name was mentioned. They both have history and experience there as well. If Marrone isn't interested I don't see him talking O'Brien into it as they are best friends but who knows, just my opinion. Just don't see these guys have the energy either.

I will go with Chesney, Golden and maybe Diaz on the list along with White

If Doug comes back they have to tell him he must work with the Football alumni. He didn't like them around before, from what I heard, and they are important for the players to look up to and also for NIL donations or other donations.

What about the Casullo burned bridge??

Dougie comes with some baggage and it's not just suitcases of ring baloney...

It’s weird we’d need a search firm to do background checks on a guy that was just recently our coach. And the coach needing advice from someone about the school, he was just coaching at. That whole tweet seems weird to me for some reason.
Because that’s what you hire them to do. Create a legit candidate pool. It gets the are you interested awkwardness out of the way. Saves the school the embarrassment of being rejected out of the box

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom