Will Chandler make a huge difference? I think we will see a much | Syracusefan.com

Will Chandler make a huge difference? I think we will see a much

IthacaBarrel

Shaky Potatoes
imprved pass rush and I think we will see Stache quite a bit tonight as well in the backfield... Going to need it

I hope you're right... I think we will be improved for sure, question is how much and will it be enough?

Props for a positive comment, BTW! :D

I HOPE he makes a difference. One of the reasons our secondary has looked so awful (and there are many reasons, but this is just one of them) is that we haven't been able to put ANY pressure on the opposing QB. It's tough to cover a receiver when the QB has 10 seconds to sit in the pocket and wait for someone to get open.

imprved pass rush and I think we will see Stache quite a bit tonight as well in the backfield... Going to need it

agree barrel...but stache has been nothin but a bunch of hype for 2 years, rarely makes an impact play while playing an impact position...

agree barrel...but stache has been nothin but a bunch of hype for 2 years, rarely makes an impact play while playing an impact position...
I'm with you, go with Chandler and Ball/Sharpe & tell them to get some sacks/hurries on Smith. Get into Geno's head like last year.

i hope the guys returning play under control and don't get penalties for being "overenthusiastic" such as personal fouls, off sides etc.

Stache can't make plays when being double teamed, Chandler is the only guy that we have worthy of being double teamed, which by default will make other guys better and more capable of making plays

I don't think we will see much of a difference unless he got hurt really early on against WF. We had no pass rush even when he was playing.

Our biggest problem on D is that we frequently blitz don't get to the QB which opens us up for a lot of passing yards. I almost wish that Shafer would stop blitzing as it doesn't work and play a tighter zone so that we don't give up the big play. I have two big fears for tonight:
  1. Geno will have time to rent a uhaul, go to the nearest furniture store, stop at a gas station, come back to the stadium, wheel the couch to the 50 yard line and burn it with plenty of time to spare to complete the pass.
  2. We will bring the house on a blitz and still not get to him so he will have all the time to the aforementioned and also have the benefit of 4 open receivers to choose from.

I am really worried that our best hope is that there are so many open receivers that Geno won't be able to decide which one to throw it to causing him to mess up. Clearly I don't have high hopes for our D in this game.

Just because Tulane put up about 4000 yards on us two weeks ago doesn't mean we can't stop...one of the most explosive offenses in the country.

Gulp.

I mean, SHAMARKO TIME!!

LET'S GO ORANGE

I really don't expect a lot out of Chandler today but I'd love to see him play well. I just don't believe a guy can come off a knee injury and play to his potential right out of the gate. I'm thrilled to have the man back though and it'll be nice to see him back on the field.

At the very least, Chandler will occupy WVU's attention, making it more likely that MM or others can make a play.

Chandler had how many sacks last year? Will he be less effective with his injury? Stache has how many in his career?

As to the "blitzing too much" I would like to know what team people have been watching. We do not blitz enough. We have become a 3 man rush team. That is what is killing us on 3rd downs.

Entire defense needs to play the game of their lives, but none more important than the DEs. The best offensive minds can beat blitzes or dropping more into coverage. But the best offensive minds struggle when the front 4 pass rush is making their presence known on each snap.

We better hope Chan makes a huge difference. We don't need tons of sacks, but we need to at least put pressure on Smith to get him flustered.

Why does the post standard continues to refer to #99 as a star? Are we just bumping his reputation because of his last name? Good size, range, and athleticism do not automatically translate into making plays.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom