Will Christmas be a factor in replacing Rick's numbers | Syracusefan.com

Will Christmas be a factor in replacing Rick's numbers

CaliCuse

All American
I ask that after seeing his admitted ly weak performances in all-star games last year. I don't take that kind of game realseriously Even MCW wasn't showing up well. I look for those two kids to add to the team and not detract from its success. I reiterate my expectations on those that required lots of physical off season work. I presume no one here has seen any of theser players for a quck assessment on their conditioning. Is Fab back on campus? He is kind of hard to miss I would think. The players might be doing light scrimmage work t the Melo Center but I can't get there so I 'm hoping you may have caught a glimpse of them for a comment. Thanks in advance if you have and post. ;)

he will probably have a very short leash with Fair and Joseph getting big minutes at the forward spots and Keita and Fab at the 5

I ask that after seeing his admitted ly weak performances in all-star games last year. I don't take that kind of game realseriously Even MCW wasn't showing up well. I look for those two kids to add to the team and not detract from its success. I reiterate my expectations on those that required lots of physical off season work. I presume no one here has seen any of theser players for a quck assessment on their conditioning. Is Fab back on campus? He is kind of hard to miss I would think. The players might be doing light scrimmage work t the Melo Center but I can't get there so I 'm hoping you may have caught a glimpse of them for a comment. Thanks in advance if you have and post. ;)
How Christmas plays in the early season games will set the stage for the conference schedule. I don't look for him to get more than 6-8 minutes/game in conference unless he really blows up the way we'd all love to see him.

As for MCW in the all-star games, I think he was showing everyone how he is capable of playing a point guards role. He was looking for assists far more than the basket in the games I saw. I have great hopes for him. He is just such a natural talent.

I don't think that Xmas will be the scorer that RJ was (as we have the grammar police on the board..sorry I ended that sentence with was). RJ was uncanny and had the bulk to get under the boards where most of his scoring took place. Xmas doesn't have that bulk yet. IMO with his leaping skills I do expect that he will be a significant help on the boards and in blocking shots ... at which he was most effective in high school.