Will it get worse? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Will it get worse?

The title of this thread is, will it get worse? It doesn’t take much to see how bad we could be next year. Losing Jesse, Joe and Symir and no one coming in is a nightmare scenario.

The golden era is long gone folks. We will never pay huge for a premier hire after he finally decides to step aside. I am prepared mentally for mediocre teams going forward with a sweet 16 capable team mixed in every 5-7 years. I hope I am wrong but I threw the orange colored glasses away some time ago. The decline is real and the outlook if we are being honest is not good.

they are a very good team fundamentally, but I think the likes of UVA who are just as sound fundamentally and 100X more talented, will beat us to an orange pulp. As will the teams who are way more talented than we are. our raw talent is pretty good, but we will face a lot of ACC teams with raw talent that is great, and we will face veteran teams with good talent. basically, we are probably screwed
When you say orange pulp, is that the regular amount of pulp or do you prefer extra pulp? My wife is a no pulp kinda person.

When you say orange pulp, is that the regular amount of pulp or do you prefer extra pulp? My wife is a no pulp kinda person.
I'm a no pulp person too. both when it comes to orange juice and our team not getting any pulp beaten out of us ;)

The golden era is long gone folks. We will never pay huge for a premier hire after he finally decides to step aside. I am prepared mentally for mediocre teams going forward with a sweet 16 capable team mixed in every 5-7 years. I hope I am wrong but I threw the orange colored glasses away some time ago. The decline is real and the outlook if we are being honest is not good.
I don't think we will pay a massive amount for a coach, but that doesn't mean we can't get a really good coach. we still have the Dome and we have a booster who is willing to cough up some big cash to get recruits. The problem is that we are almost 100% going to hire from within, and that does not excite me one bit. We need a fresh start with a new staff, a staff that has really good recruiters, we don't have that now for the most part. Unfortunately that fresh start will likely be the coach after the coach that replaces JB, and that is a long time to be mediocre on top of the 8 years and counting

You think recruiting is hard now? Imagine trying to get Florida kids to come play in <30 degree temperatures for half the season
Famous quote by Stevie Thompson when asked why a California kid would come to Syracuse. “It dosent snow in the Carrier Dome”

I don't think we will pay a massive amount for a coach, but that doesn't mean we can't get a really good coach. we still have the Dome and we have a booster who is willing to cough up some big cash to get recruits. The problem is that we are almost 100% going to hire from within, and that does not excite me one bit. We need a fresh start with a new staff, a staff that has really good recruiters, we don't have that now for the most part. Unfortunately that fresh start will likely be the coach after the coach that replaces JB, and that is a long time to be mediocre on top of the 8 years and counting
The rich booster is the coaches BFF….so he and his money may not be around once the coaching change happens.

The rich booster is the coaches BFF….so he and his money may not be around once the coaching change happens.
I don't know, the booster also seems to love the attention, so he may stick around

Did he become bff with the coach because he's a basketball fan or a fan because he's his bff? He could've chosen any successful team to be a fan of and support. If the next coach can put a good team on the floor, I would think AW has room for more bff's.

In my opinion we'll get better. Boeheim's teams normally do. Colgate had 22 assists last night. They maybe the best fundamental team we see all season.
Do not understand.

Even if that is a valid metric ("best fundamental"), we're going to face teams with 75% of that fundamental character but with 150% of the talent.

What. Then?

This team is disturbingly soft.
Must make Devo sick to watch them play.
So weak.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online