Will JB go ballistic at the presser? | Syracusefan.com

Will JB go ballistic at the presser?

Sgt Cuse

All Conference
According to my analysis below, JB could be in rare form.

Reasons for JB to let loose:
1. The story on MCW is not the whole truth
2. He gets to defend his PG
3. He establishes an us against them team solidarity
4. He gets his teams attention.
5. He gets to roast some local press person, they haven't been his best friends.

Reasons to hold back:
1. The real truth is already out
2. Making a scene makes this more newsworthy and gets more attention.

The pro's outweigh the cons. Odds are JB goes nuts. Can he get to "not 10 games" level?

Now, for the conspiracy portion of my post. If I can see this as a possibility, couldn't the PoS? And if they thought this was a possibility, wouldn't they try for this outcome? And in order to help achieve this outcome would they deliberately make a shoddy article?

5. He gets to roast some local press person, they haven't been his best friends.

Reasons to hold back:

The pro's outweigh the cons. Odds are JB goes nuts. Can he get to "not 10 games" level?

Now, for the conspiracy portion of my post. If I can see this as a possibility, couldn't the PoS? And if they thought this was a possibility, wouldn't they try for this outcome? And in order to help achieve this outcome would they deliberately make a shoddy article?

Unless he 1000% certain of the facts and believes there was a "misunderstanding", I think he'll take a pass. He learned the hard way when he made his comments about Davis and Lang.

You can tell many times in JB's pressers when he's already got his agenda and is ready to go off. This may very well be one of those nights. Who me, defensive?:rolleyes:

Reasons to hold back:

I go for this. Any outburst elevates its profile. The profile is manageable at this point. I'm sure JB wants it to stay there at worst.
He will go , this is old news, blah blah wearing that"you dergs are boring me and wasting my time" look.

Going ballistic on MCW would seem more appropriate.

@calldt:

Boeheim on MCW incident at Destiny USA: "It's over. It's been over...I also wouldn't take something that's written in the paper as the truth all the time. Tomaselli name comes to mind." #CuseNation

Instead of it the shoe fits.., we are officially changing the phrase to if the glove fits..

OJ agrees.

@calldt:

Boeheim on MCW incident at Destiny USA: "It's over. It's been over...I also wouldn't take something that's written in the paper as the truth all the time. Tomaselli name comes to mind." #CuseNation

Also ... said, if I ever react to something I read in the paper, about two anonymous witnesses, I need to be shot.

LOL

So it sounds like he didn't go ballistic, but the snark level was nice and high. Classic JB.

Reasons to hold back:

what are you talking about?!?

if you think there is a legit chance MCW didnt steal stuff, you are truly delusional...

THERE ARE PICTURES!!! i couldn't believe people tried to negate them 2 days ago! now, with waters article and everything else... people are still holding out hope. head meet wall.

what are you talking about?!?

if you think there is a legit chance MCW didnt steal stuff, you are truly delusional...

THERE ARE PICTURES!!! i couldn't believe people tried to negate them 2 days ago! now, with waters article and everything else... people are still holding out hope. head meet wall.
If people still don't believe something happened I'm pretty sure it's their heads that met a wall, probably of the brick variety.

I tried staying out of this but after the game I walked into the living room and my kids were watching a show I had never seen called Caught Red Handed. It is completely about catching shoplifters. I asked what it was and my 11 year old said it was a replay of the SU game. MCW earned that one.

Anyway the entire goal of the loss prevention is to cut a deal and keep these people out of the store. So anyone who thinks for the slightest that he got a special deal needs to watch that show to see what their actual practices are in the industry overall. I personally thought he got special treatment before watching this show and I was completely wrong.

Unless he 1000% certain of the facts and believes there was a "misunderstanding", I think he'll take a pass. He learned the hard way when he made his comments about Davis and Lang.

JB was dead on about davis and lang . He had every right to speak the truth from his heart .

boeheim talking about not taking any action based on "anonymous sources" is pretty lame in my book. he of all people should know exactly what went down from the very horse's mouth. why JB must have to read the morning paper to find out if his own team won last night based on this ridiculous statement. pure BS. so JB decides to play his star PG knowing all the facts. ok fine .
just please don't try to plead ignorance jimmy.

I don't really get this argument. Really, what did everyone think JB was going to say? We've seen his press conferences for 30 years. Had there been an arrest, then things would have been different. If he says no comment, people would be all over him. If he had suspended MCW, then he creates a story out of what is now a non-story. If he comes out and says he's going to discipline MCW internally, then he's also fanning the flames. The guy heard everything he had to hear from MCW.

The Post Standard deserved the Tomaselli quip, IMHO, although I wish he'd of let that mess die.

No one would have been happy no matter what he said.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom