Will Marrone be coaching SU in 2013? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Will Marrone be coaching SU in 2013?

Will Doug Marrone be coaching Syracuse University in 2013?

• Yes

Votes: 59 70.2%
  • No

Votes: 26 31.0%

• Total voters
If he gets offered a job for 5 years at 25 million he should go, this job isn't Alabama, Notre Dame, USC, Texas, Oklahoma, Ohio St, Michigan, LSU or one of the other schools where football is a religion.
What team is giving him 5 years and 5 million per year? You'd have to be nuts to risk that on an unproven commodity like Marrone.

Andy Reid made 5.5 mil this year, and he was their coach for 14 years. Belichick makes 7.5 million. Marrone would get offered no more than 2.5 mil a year and I'd be shocked if it was that much.

What team is giving him 5 years and 5 million per year? You'd have to be nuts to risk that on an unproven commodity like Marrone.

Andy Reid made 5.5 mil this year, and he was their coach for 14 years. Belichick makes 7.5 million. Marrone would get offered no more than 2.5 mil a year and I'd be shocked if it was that much.

Syracuse should be paying him $2.0 -$2.5MM with better pay for his staff, too. I agree, the pros would not pay him in the $5MM range unless he contends for the national championship for several years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom