Will SU football be ranked by the end of the season? | Syracusefan.com

Will SU football be ranked by the end of the season?

beetledoc

Walk On
Personally, I believe that the CUSE will go either 11-1 or 10-2 this year and be ranked. Not sure about the 1-2 loses but I don't think that it'll be BC or Miami. PITT has always been our problem child (BC as well) but if SU can get to the PITT game undefeated, I believe that they'll win at PITT (will be there in Orange) and quite possibly be ranked ~25 in the polls. For the first time since Marrone, I actually have faith in the coaching staff, its game planning and adjustment but mostly, their commitment to excel in areas that previous coaches have faltered - i.e., recruiting and winning tight battles against the BIG10 eastern teams like PSU and Rutgers.
We're not only back on the road to FB success but sustained success as a program that will rise above the chaotic ACC future.

Personally, I believe that the CUSE will go either 11-1 or 10-2 this year and be ranked. Not sure about the 1-2 loses but I don't think that it'll be BC or Miami. PITT has always been our problem child (BC as well) but if SU can get to the PITT game undefeated, I believe that they'll win at PITT (will be there in Orange) and quite possibly be ranked ~25 in the polls. For the first time since Marrone, I actually have faith in the coaching staff, its game planning and adjustment but mostly, their commitment to excel in areas that previous coaches have faltered - i.e., recruiting and winning tight battles against the BIG10 eastern teams like PSU and Rutgers.
We're not only back on the road to FB success but sustained success as a program that will rise above the chaotic ACC future.
SU is 8-4 at BC since 1990, including winning there in 22

Pitt, yeah we need to get back to beating them 2 out of 3

Weak schedule will hold us back from being ranked at the end of the season imo

I project a 9 or 10 win season, of course we’ll be ranked.

oh, and by the way, Rutgers recruiting rankings are all inflated smoke and mirrors

Don't forget that Schiano has never won any outright conference titles - in any conference RU has been
Now he's truly smoke and mirrors - high paid mediocrity at its best

They go 4-1 vs NCSt, Pitt, BC, VT, and Cal SU will be ranked.

It's not weak anymore, it was looking that way before the season started but now it's middle of the road.

It's not weak anymore, it was looking that way before the season started but now it's middle of the road.

Which is weak to the people that vote. They only care about SEC and B1G.

Which is weak to the people that vote. They only care about SEC and B1G.
Sorry but I don't agree with that. There are definitely biases sure, but ranked ACC opponents carry weight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom