Will SU get some #1 votes next Monday? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Will SU get some #1 votes next Monday?

Already #1 in my humble, honest, non-biased opinion :)
Media can go have a smootching session with UK for all I care, we know the truth. Let those clowns motivate us. Seems to always work that way.

I was going to say no, but then saw Luke Wynn has us #2 in his power rankings and Andy Katz singled us out on twitter as one of the three teams playing the best right now.

We won't get many but we may actually get one or two.

No... Arizona will prob be unanimous.
won't be unanimous, as really they (AZ) only have beaten one good team and really won't be tested until they plat at Michigan in late Dec. OSU has played pretty good, but they don't play the same caliber teams we are. KY is ripe for a loss at Baylor, not because they aren't the better team all around, but their style. If they play hard nosed "D" on Baylor, they should win, but if they play like they have been running up and down the court with individual play, they will go down in this one. That is my feelings here. So, if KY loses, AZ will get just under 25 votes with 4/5 going to OSU and maybe 1 to SU in the coaches, and SU will get up to 5 in the AP and probably be ranked 3rd. Otherwise, the KY Morrons will vote them as their pet favorite, you can count on it.

I like being the underdog, and under the radar, so let them do what they will. If SU takes care of business by beating St. Johns and Nova and go undefeated prior to ACC Conference play, we should be #1 regradless what these other teams do.

I don't want to be #1! We have nowhere to go but down. And there's a bulls eye on your back. However, towards the end of the season, I accept #1 gladly.

I'm sorry to correct you but I think you meant to say "However, at the end of the season, I accept #1 gladly."

Its such a balanced year so far. Taking teams play to date and extrapolating it over the season, usually results in a few teams standing out by now. And if you look at the extrapolated resumes on rpiforecast.com, no one stands out.

Ignoring where Syracuse is, who would be the 4 #1 seeds right now. Hard to say

http://www.rpiforecast.com/index2.html

Arizona is the only power conference team with odds of losing only 5 games before conference tourney. Not much to separate most of the teams ranked 1-14 in terms of predicted record, top 50 wins. Seems to predict a pretty unpredictable tourney at this point.

I'm sorry to correct you but I think you meant to say "However, at the end of the season, I accept #1 gladly."

Even though I completely concur with what you said above, I really did mean "towards" the end of the season. I like being # 1 then because it will mean that we've had a fabulous season and have shown ourselves to be worthy. Then we can get a #1 seed in the tourney and hopefully be #1 AT the end!

I have a dislike towards being #1 early in the season because then surely we'll be beaten and go down, which - although not the end of the world - kind of sucks. But it is also possible that we will be so damn good early on that we won't be able to help being #1, and then I will accept it with dignity and good grace.

Even though I completely concur with what you said above, I really did mean "towards" the end of the season. I like being # 1 then because it will mean that we've had a fabulous season and have shown ourselves to be worthy. Then we can get a #1 seed in the tourney and hopefully be #1 AT the end!

I have a dislike towards being #1 early in the season because then surely we'll be beaten and go down, which - although not the end of the world - kind of sucks. But it is also possible that we will be so damn good early on that we won't be able to help being #1, and then I will accept it with dignity and good grace.

I agree with your comments. I just hope, knock on wood, if they continue to play this well and get better we have a decent shot at a NC. I really want the team to get another NC for JB before he retires. Pure icing on a amazing career! Even so, the last three seasons have been awesome and fantastic. For me at least, as an Orange fan the last five years have been a lot of fun.

I wouldn't doubt if we get a couple rogue first place votes, but not counting on anything. As much as I love high rankings and being on the winning end of blowouts, I'd love to see JB return to experimenting a little bit more in our softer games before conference play and giving some more developmental playing time to players who we could end up needing later on due to injuries or foul trouble.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom