Will telling Lactivius Murry no come back to bite Marrone? | Syracusefan.com

Will telling Lactivius Murry no come back to bite Marrone?

salessyracuse

Walk On
Has three TD's in two games already and could be on his way to all american season with UCF possible going undefeated this year. With our running game struggling this year we could of used a strong compliment to Antwon Bailey. Have a feeling Marrone is going to be kicking himself turning this kid down if he becames a star.

There are two other RB's from NYS starting on BCS teams that are having success. Curtis Underwood of Lackawanna at NC State and Lyle McCombs of Staten Island at UConn. Not sure if SU recruited these two kids but we could use the help at RB now. What do you guys think?

Murray didn't want to come to SU originally.
Murray's injury was an unknown in terms of how severe it would be.
I don't know about anything more to the story, but I have no problem at all with HCDM telling Murray "Thanks, but no thanks."

Have a feeling Marrone is going to be kicking himself turning this kid down if he becames a star.

He had 5.7 yard per carry and 12 TD (11 rushing) last season.

Can't think of many Marrone mistakes, but that looks like one.

Unless this Murray fellow is a heck of an offensive guard, I don't think he'd be helping Syracuse too much this season.

Has it even been confirmed that Marrone told him to go pounds salt?

Hindsight's 20/20, besides our Oline is a more of a concern than the lack of talent at the running back position. I'd like to see more Gulley, even though I don't know how much he played last game(My DVR only recorded like 4 mins of the game?) can anyone tell me how he looked against URI?

i thought we believed he wouldnt fully recover from his knee injury

I have posted before. Marrone has respect for both LM and the coach of UCF. Marrone was on record as saying that he felt the best thing for the kid is to go back to UCF and finish what he started. You can call it what you want but it goes hand and foot with his ideals that he preaches to his players. Marrone spoke very highly of LM's abilities, character, and what he could do for our program, yet DM felt LV would benefit more by staying put. It is all on record from Marrone's mouth. I don't know about other coaches, cough Shady cough Kiffin cough cough, but DM is also on record talking about how he holds true to the fraternity of coaches. Although he and his team has been bomb blasted by other coaches, he his always returned "sin with blessings" even if in most eyes he would have a right to be nasty back.

I think theres a lot more to the story.

There is. Let's just say Marrone didn't need any further distractions. Murray knows why SU didn't take him. It's worked out best for both, so let's leave it at that.

There is. Let's just say Marrone didn't need any further distractions. Murray knows why SU didn't take him. It's worked out best for both, so let's leave it at that.

Thats right pistol pete!

Thats right pistol pete!

Yes, a short term distraction...but he is a heck of a playa! Marrone did the right thing. I'm sure it was in LM's best long term interests. To memcorsu's point, I'm sure many coaches would not have done the same thing Marrone did. ;)

Yes, a short term distraction...but he is a heck of a playa! Marrone did the right thing. I'm sure it was in LM's best long term interests. To memcorsu's point, I'm sure many coaches would not have done the same thing Marrone did. ;)

If he becomes a all american and a nfl draft pick, not sure if it will be in Coach Marrone's best interests. He is probably better than any RB we have now. Hope I am wrong and he is not going to be that missing link that could of propelled us to BE title. I am just not sold on any the RB's we have now.

If he becomes a all american and a nfl draft pick, not sure if it will be in Coach Marrone's best interests. He is probably better than any RB we have now. Hope I am wrong and he is not going to be that missing link that could of propelled us to BE title. I am just not sold on any the RB's we have now.

He would have been an asset to the team for sure, I think Marrone was looking for the kid's best interest. He was coming back to SU for the wrong reasons though.

I like the RBs at SU.

Curious to see the outcome of the game between UCF and FIU next week. FIU beat a BE team, and UCF beat an ACC team. UCF is likely the better team, but maybe not.

Unless this Murray fellow is a heck of an offensive guard, I don't think he'd be helping Syracuse too much this season.

LOL :)

Seriously, though, I have to trust Marrone on this. He has a vision and not all players are going to fit into it, for talent reasons, for chemistry, for whatever. He's trying to build a team, and although I don't think we're there yet, Coach Marrone has to build it to his vision of how he wants the team to be playing. Can take some time to get the right pieces.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom