Will the BE get 10 teams in the NCAA? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Will the BE get 10 teams in the NCAA?

This really isn't so hard. They have played 12 games against the Top 50, going 5-7. WV just slipped to 52. If they were 2 spots higher, UConn would have played 13 games vs. the Top 50, going 6-7. UNC doesn't have 6 Top 50 wins. Only 13 out of the Top 20 RPI teams have 6 Top 50 wins. They have only played 3 teams whose RPI is > 200. SU has played 6.

Their RPI is not a joke, as much as you would like it to be.

No it isn't hard. Let's complete the picture. First, do we ignore losses outside of the top 50? Cuz they've lost to 67, 93, 139 and 149. Yikes. The five top 50 wins you reference are ND, SHU, USF, FSU and Harvard. As DC would say, whoopty damn doo. They're 17-12 and 7-10 in the conference. That sucks.

No it isn't hard. Let's complete the picture. First, do we ignore losses outside of the top 50? Cuz they've lost to 67, 93, 139 and 149. Yikes. The five top 50 wins you reference are ND, SHU, USF, FSU and Harvard. As DC would say, whoopty damn doo. They're 17-12 and 7-10 in the conference. That sucks.
Doesn't matter if they are the Sisters of the Poor. A top 50 win is a Top 50 win. You asked why their schedule was considered the strongest in the country. I told you. Do they have bad losses - yes. Could it keep them out of the tourney - yes. But those wins will keep them in the conversation. That's all I am saying.

Doesn't matter if they are the Sisters of the Poor. A top 50 win is a Top 50 win. You asked why their schedule was considered the strongest in the country. I told you. Do they have bad losses - yes. Could it keep them out of the tourney - yes. But those wins will keep them in the conversation. That's all I am saying.

As I asked before, does only the pedestrian 5-7 against top 50 count? Btw, what is so exceptional about that? Particularly when none of the five wins are in the top 25. Sounds arbitrary, no? And what about the brutal losses? And just because the rpi says UConn had the toughest schedule doesn't make it so. Look at Michigan State's schedule or Duke's schedule and then come back and tell me UConn had the toughest schedule in the country.

find it very hard to believe 10 teams will get in.. i see 7 teams.. maaaybe 8

find it very hard to believe 10 teams will get in.. i see 7 teams.. maaaybe 8

Would like to bet over 7.5 with you. I think 10 is probably more likely than 7.

I'll do a bet even money that BE gets no more than 8. I'll pay you 5 to 1 odds if they get 10 and you pay me 5 to 1 odds if they get seven.

I would also take that bet , in the lunardi thread I outlined the likely teams and I just don't see less than 8 and see 9 or 10 as probable

As I asked before, does only the pedestrian 5-7 against top 50 count? Btw, what is so exceptional about that? Particularly when none of the five wins are in the top 25. Sounds arbitrary, no? And what about the brutal losses? And just because the rpi says UConn had the toughest schedule doesn't make it so. Look at Michigan State's schedule or Duke's schedule and then come back and tell me UConn had the toughest schedule in the country.
I'll say it again. It doesn't guarantee they will make the field. It will, however, keep them in the conversation. If you don't believe this, you don't know how it works. I don't know what to say about "just because the rpi says UConn had the toughest schedule doesn't make it so". SOS is a way to compare schedules of teams that don't play head to head. Is it the only criteria? Of course not. But it provides guidance to the committee. The committee rewards high SOS, and punishes low SOS.

Yes, they are on the bubble. But they have a lot to recommend them over other teams. Of course, if they lose to Pitt, they will need a run in the BET. At that point, they'd be on the outside looking in.

I'll do a bet even money that BE gets no more than 8. I'll pay you 5 to 1 odds if they get 10 and you pay me 5 to 1 odds if they get seven.

I would definitely do the second bet (on 7 or 10 teams). 8 still might be the best number though.

It's probably a good bet for me, because I think 10 is a lot more likely than 7, so even if 8 is the best number, and I'd lose the even money bet, I would likely make up the difference winning the 5 to 1 more often than I paid it.

Speaking of bets, I made a bet with someone that Scoop would go under 6.5 assists per game this year. But I can't remember who it was, or the stakes. Anyone?

The more i think about it, the less I like it, 10 probably ihsn't gonna happen. I think it's landing on 8. I'll do it though

I would also take that bet , in the lunardi thread I outlined the likely teams and I just don't see less than 8 and see 9 or 10 as probable

Let me make a proposal to you and Knicks 411 in the next day or so.

Let me make a proposal to you and Knicks 411 in the next day or so.

Arrow and Knicks I will bet you guys in a combo bet. I will bet you even money that the BE gets 8 or less bids and I will give you 5 to 1 odds that the BE does not get 10 bids. I will bet you an equal amount of money on each bet for as little or as much as you would like to bet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom