Will the business model hold true in the future | Syracusefan.com

Will the business model hold true in the future

chakka3421

All Conference
The BTN network is an example of American ingenuity. Copying that model, the SEC will follow in 2014. However, how many of you got rid of your land line phone? Plus 1 for me.

When we go out of town, we watch Interent TV. All TVs are digital now. The Internet is the great equalizer. Cable TV subscriptions are not going up every year but down significantly just like land line phone service. In fact, some say the business model of cable TV will be far more expensive business model than over the air Internet TV (very low maintenance business model).

So since the B10 convinced Maryland that its fortunes will be based upon cable TV subscription services, can we really state that gen Y, X & Z will even pay for cable TV in 10-15 years? Remember the Internet has only been around for about 15 years.

I would simply LMAO if the business model everyone is counting on falls flat on its face in 20 years or so. Who knows the future? One thing I can count on is American ingenuity! Just saying. Go SU.

This was my post yesterday...all of these future revenue arguments are dependent on this cable network and sports content bubble continuing to grow...that's probably not going to happen...

Essentially, you have millions of non-sports fans out there (hard to imagine but they're out there en masse) subsidizing these revenue targets...that is not something the "authorities" nor the market will allow to happen forever.

The Big 10 Network is a huge success and isn't going anywhere or going to fail.

The Big 10 Network is a huge success and isn't going anywhere or going to fail.

It will when we finally get a la carte TV service like every other friggin country in the world.

It will when we finally get a la carte TV service like every other friggin country in the world.
Good luck with that, not happening anytime soon. Every country in the world has some form of Universal Health Care, wake me up when this country has that too!! Just because its happening all over the world doesn't mean it will happen in America!! Look, the Big10 Network is part of the Fox Family. Which includes some major cable stations like FOX NEWS, FX, and soon to be the YES NETWORK (the most profitable local cable sports channel in the country.) Being a part of that family of networks will always keep the Big 10 network a winner and big money maker.

Plus, most people who do watch TV on their internet do it via a way where you LOG IN through your cable or satellite provider. So, while the Cable TV industry may change it will also adapt and not just die. They will advance with the times and give people ways to watch games via the internet and apps via their smart phones. The Big 10 Network is here to stay and it is and going to continue to be a BIG WINNER going forward.

The B1G isn't concerned how people get the content, they only care about the number of people receiving the content.

You're both right. Most aren't using landlines any longer...and Bell Telephone is long gone. But you are still paying Verizon (or some other carrier) for phone/internet service, aren't you? If there is one thing you can count on, its that carriers will find a way to charge for content...no matter how its sent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom