Will the officiating improve in the ACC Tourney? | Syracusefan.com

Will the officiating improve in the ACC Tourney?

Jasoncuse

2022 Iggy Winner: NCAA Tourament
I'm so sick of all the touch fouls and non-existent contact calls inside that we've seen lately. There was a time yesterday that the referees were calling everything when FSU went up for a shot. There was little contact on a majority of them.

The short answer - No. A lot of folks think the touch fouls cost the ACC in the NCAAT; players come to expect a foul to be called and it isn't. Many years ago, maybe even before you were in the BE, the ACC ran an experiment. To get people used to the officiating they'd get in the NCAAT, the ACC and Southwest Conference traded refs for a year during the regular season and the ACCT. By the end of the year, Dean Smith was not a happy camper that his team did not receive the royal treatment to which it had become accustomed. It was never done again.

The short answer - No. A lot of folks think the touch fouls cost the ACC in the NCAAT; players come to expect a foul to be called and it isn't. Many years ago, maybe even before you were in the BE, the ACC ran an experiment. To get people used to the officiating they'd get in the NCAAT, the ACC and Southwest Conference traded refs for a year during the regular season and the ACCT. By the end of the year, Dean Smith was not a happy camper that his team did not receive the royal treatment to which it had become accustomed. It was never done again.

My god could you imagine if the ACC traded officials with the old Big East. Everyone would foul out of the Big East games using the ACC officials and the ACC teams would have to hire additional medical help to treat all of the injuries resulting from the contact that used to be allowed by the Big East officials.

My god could you imagine if the ACC traded officials with the old Big East. Everyone would foul out of the Big East games using the ACC officials and the ACC teams would have to hire additional medical help to treat all of the injuries resulting from the contact that used to be allowed by the Big East officials.

Big time!!!

I fully expect the refs not to do us any favors in our first trip to Greensboro. The good news is I don't think it matters if we play well, and I think we will.

I'm ready to expect the unexpected, gnome sayin'?

We will not get help from the referees. The refs think this is the Tournament of Northern Aggression.

Remember the year when the Big East experimented with six fouls. We needed that in that conference. Not as many thugs in the ACC.

Only if they bring in the Three Blind Mice. That way they won't know which team is Orange and to scr*w that particular team. A side benefit would be that Duke would also not be given their usual southern advantage.

It will be better. The refs are on the National stage also and they know it.
They do not want to be Greened Up.

I thought we decided that there is no such thing as "ACC Refs" or "Big East Refs." The refs are independent contractors who work several conferences. At least I thought.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom