Will this be JB's last Season? | Syracusefan.com

Will this be JB's last Season?

Halfmooncuse

Hall of Fame
Keeping with the doom and gloom trend, will this be JB's swan song? JB never wanted to leave the BE and given the end of the traditional rivalries will he turn over the keys to the Lamborghini to Hopkins ? Coach Hopkins getting wooed by a number of good BB schools and given our FB coaching exodus is there a chance that Hopkins might get an offer that he can't refuse if JB stays on? Jb says that once he's done coaching you won't see him around. He won't be on his computer either (he doesn't own one). I think if he thought that next year there was a legitimate shot at a NC he would stay. But it looks like although SU will still be good they need a little rebuilding before being realistically seen as a NC caliber team. Fire away.

He is out only if he wins title this year.

Coaches don't ever think there is a legitimate chance they can't win a title. Especially when we will be preseason top 10/15

IMO JB sticks around to do a complete circuit of the ACC, which will take two more seasons. Gives him a chance to coach a game at Cameron and the Dean Dome.

I don't think so as next year Buffalo hosts the opening round and the East Regional is at MSG. I would not be surprised if he did but those sites make a final visit to the FF a pretty tempting way to go out.

He is out only if he wins title this year.

Coaches don't ever think there is a legitimate chance they can't win a title. Especially when we will be preseason top 10/15

ill take that trade

I doubt he'll hang'em up before a season or 2 in the ACC. But, I do have to admit that I'd be extremely disappointed to see Hopkins lured away because Boeheim lingers. If I had to choose only one of them to be with us next year, I'd have to go with Hop. I think we'd have a hard time replacing JB with a more capable coach or better, more involved recruiter than Mike.

IMO JB sticks around to do a complete circuit of the ACC, which will take two more seasons. Gives him a chance to coach a game at Cameron and the Dean Dome.
Didn't JB coach at Cameron when we beat them when Dave Johnson hit those late FT's as a frosh? Or wasn't that at Cameron?

Didn't JB coach at Cameron when we beat them when Dave Johnson hit those late FT's as a frosh? Or wasn't that at Cameron?

Greensboro.

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=205304318

The Blue Devil men lost 78-76 to the Orange in Dec. 1989 in Greensboro in the inaugural edition of the short-lived ACC-Big East Challenge, a series the ACC initially avoided. “They didn’t think they had much to gain by playing us, and they were probably right,” said the late Dave Gavitt, then the commissioner of the Big East.

Greensboro.

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=205304318

The Blue Devil men lost 78-76 to the Orange in Dec. 1989 in Greensboro in the inaugural edition of the short-lived ACC-Big East Challenge, a series the ACC initially avoided. “They didn’t think they had much to gain by playing us, and they were probably right,” said the late Dave Gavitt, then the commissioner of the Big East.
Thanks - thought that might be the case, but I wasn't sure.

I think that to ensure the success of the program and not see any reasonable drop off after JB is gone, Hop HAS to be the next HC.

I think at this point he knows that's what his fate is, and I don't see him leaving for greener pastures.

That being said, I'd be very surprised to see JB coach more than another year or two.

Julie isn't missing that trip to hawaii. Next question.

Pretty much, this. When Juli B. was quoted as saying that she and the family were looking forward to the Maui trip, I knew there was no way that this season would be JB's last. Next season, on the other hand...

His press conferences as noted in other forum topics have some thinking that he's getting a little tired of the job.

Pretty much, this. When Juli B. was quoted as saying that she and the family were looking forward to the Maui trip, I knew there was no way that this season would be JB's last. Next season, on the other hand...

That's a bit humorous. Because we all know that otherwise the Boeheim family could never afford to make such a trip. ;)

That's a bit humorous. Because we all know that otherwise the Boeheim family could never afford to make such a trip. ;)

Well, they are obviously waiting until the Maui tournament to go. As we all know, they could easily afford to have gone already...but have not.

Well, they are obviously waiting until the Maui tournament to go. As we all know, they could easily afford to have gone already...but have not.
Laying on the Hawaiian Beach with Pitino and his wife, JB was once asked if he could live any where in the world, where he would want to be. He retorted :"Syracuse"!

Maybe Julie is going to Maui by herself?

Of course...doesn't change the fact that I find it a bit funny on the sentiment that his retirement is somehow linked around that trip.

Of course...doesn't change the fact that I find it a bit funny on the sentiment that his retirement is somehow linked around that trip.

From Juli B's quote about the trip, it was clear that it was going to be in the context of a basketball "business" trip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom