Will Tiger be disqualified?

Well will he

• no idea

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • answer cloudy

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Crazy. I talked a bit about it. It's in thread below

If they won't DQ Tiger in a Major ... they better not DQ Omar Uresti in the CVS Caremark Classic for the same violation.

If they won't DQ Tiger in a Major ... they better not DQ Omar Uresti in the CVS Caremark Classic for the same violation.
The rule here is less than a year old. No one will be dq'd anymore if they were "unaware they committed a violation". Great new rule

Wow. Brandel chamblee saying the rule was put in simply to protect ratings. Hard to argue

I think rule 33-7 is a great rule. It allows the committee to assess intent before issuing a DQ. Tiger clearly didn't intend to break the rule.

I think rule 33-7 is a great rule. It allows the committee to assess intent before issuing a DQ. Tiger clearly didn't intend to break the rule.
Well, heres the rub. He actually stated after the round that he purposely dropped the ball 2 yards back because his first one hit the pin. That is why people are saying the new 33-7 rule shouldn't apply. Thats the big issue here is that by his own words he did intend to give himself an advantage.

But, I agree with you that the new rule when used appropriately is great. The whole DQ thing over unintentional mistakes was always stupid.

Yeah, that's debatable. Tiger is known as being obsessive about the game, and knowing the rules it part of that.

If he wins, as Faldo hinted, this will not look good for him.

Well, heres the rub. He actually stated after the round that he purposely dropped the ball 2 yards back because his first one hit the pin. That is why people are saying the new 33-7 rule shouldn't apply. Thats the big issue here is that by his own words he did intend to give himself an advantage.

But, I agree with you that the new rule when used appropriately is great. The whole DQ thing over unintentional mistakes was always stupid.

Tiger actually said that? Wow. In reacting to the slow play penalty on the 14 year old kid, I believe his response was along the lines of "the rules are the rules".

It was an easy rule to misinterpret based on the way his shot went into the water. Usually you are allowed to go as far back on a line keeping the point of entry into the water and the hole in line. 99% of the time you go in the water it is on the same line as your shot. His shot obviously took a freak bounce off the pin, entering the water at a different angle, which eliminated the option of going back as far as he could on the same line where he originally played the shot. He forgot to take that into account when he dropped it a yard or two behind his original divot.

You can't convince me that Tiger fully intended to break a rule to give himself an advantage.

However, I see no reason why he didn't go over his drop with a rules official. If I'm not mistaken, there are rules officials with every group at the Masters. If I were playing in the Masters, I'd always ask what my penalty options are. No reason not to ask for clarification before he dropped.

You can't convince me that Tiger fully intended to break a rule to give himself an advantage.

I don't think he intended to break the rule. I think he got confused and was dropping based on the "going back as far as you between entry and pin" part of the rule. Thats why he said what he said in the interview. I think the whole thing has been handled perfectly. penalty but no DQ. I was just stating above what some people are saying is the rub

Good to see tiger has regained his form dropping his balls in the wrong places

NY_NYP.jpg

DQ is what he deserves. What do you think of Roberto Dienceno's DQ for not signing his card correctly. No strokes lost for Roberto. Just a terrible mistake. And Roberto got DQ'd and Tiger broke the rules. What is worse??? Tiger got away with one and he knows it!!

DQ is what he deserves. What do you think of Roberto Dienceno's DQ for not signing his card correctly. No strokes lost for Roberto. Just a terrible mistake. And Roberto got DQ'd and Tiger broke the rules. What is worse??? Tiger got away with one and he knows it!!

Divicenzo was not DQ'd. He simply had to accept a higher score.

tiger hit the ball in the water from the middle of the fairway. he didnt like the drop zone so he had normal relief options.. he just chose to back up further because pros have distance control us mortals do not. i blame the caddie as well for not noticing and also the way the rules work that the rules guy does not correct mistakes only answers questions. if they see a mistake why not correct it then and there and obviously he didnt notice it either as he said nothing after the round.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom