Will UB have a ton of fans at the Dome tomorrow? | Syracusefan.com

Will UB have a ton of fans at the Dome tomorrow?

Eric15

Living Legend
I'm generally not one to make the quasi-obnoxious "this is their Super Bowl!" comment, but I mean, this has to be their biggest regular season game in program history, right?

I wasn't at the game last year, but it felt like on TV that St. Bonaventure had more visiting fans than I've ever seen from an opponent in the Dome. Could UB surpass them?

Yes. Much more than sbu brought

Probably decent. I just hope our fans get up for this game. Literally. Get up and get loud. Sometimes the crowd can be dead when the student section isn't there.

Yes. Much more than sbu brought
They haven’t brought remotely close to the number of fans SBU has to date, but like the Bonnies last year, their fans sense a real chance to get a win.

I think they shock the world and bring 1000. I believe the Bonnies had at least double that last year.

Surely the UB student body is sending every bus in Buffalo, all filled with snorting, bucking bronco bull fans!

I live in Buffalo, and this game is really being hyped around here. I'd expect a decent-sized contingent.

Also, trueblue, not sure if you're aware of this, but as of a few weeks ago, UB is now selling beer at on-campus hoops and football games

I live in Buffalo, and this game is really being hyped around here. I'd expect a decent-sized contingent.

Also, trueblue, not sure if you're aware of this, but as of a few weeks ago, UB is now selling beer at on-campus hoops and football games

Just punched a hole in the wall

Most of the times let’s be honest it’s an embarrassment
Not trying to highjack this thread but I've been told to sit down at the Dome under 2 minutes in a tie game.
The students definitely help the rest of the crowd loosen up.

Ub has the same jappy/long island population SU has and the same lively/excitable townie fans. I expect at least 1,000, mostly alum but a couple hundred obnoxious true blue students taking advantage of the dome foams ;). You all know Buffalo fans will be a lot louder than SBU

*no i’m not saying the UB fanbase is comparable. Its not even remotely. Just some similar personalities.

Dude, let’s rethink our choice of words in this post, eh?

They haven’t brought remotely close to the number of fans SBU has to date, but like the Bonnies last year, their fans sense a real chance to get a win.

I think they shock the world and bring 1000. I believe the Bonnies had at least double that last year.

Surely the UB student body is sending every bus in Buffalo, all filled with snorting, bucking bronco bull fans!
Bonnie's were a weekend game last year over break. Tough to match that on a Tuesday night

Bonnie's were a weekend game last year over break. Tough to match that on a Tuesday night

Plus, the Bonnie’s are known for having a tough home court advantage and a weirdly rabid and loyal alumni fanbase for such a basic program.

Buffalo? I don’t think their fan support really compares to the Bonnie’s.

Plus, the Bonnie’s are known for having a tough home court advantage and a weirdly rabid and loyal alumni fanbase for such a basic program.

Buffalo? I don’t think their fan support really compares to the Bonnie’s.
Yup. You just described my wife and friends perfectly. Have I mentioned how badly that game sucked?

Yup. You just described my wife and friends perfectly. Have I mentioned how badly that game sucked?

I have family, friends, and coworkers that are Bonnies. Weirdos, the whole lot of them when it comes to this stuff.

A coworker offered me a free ticket to last year’s game. Good seat. Would’ve had to sit with her and several other Bonnies. So obviously I declined.

Ended up buying a cheapie and then sneaking in to good seats where a couple of my pro Orange buddies were sitting.

That game was so, so bad.

I have family, friends, and coworkers that are Bonnies. Weirdos, the whole lot of them when it comes to this stuff.

A coworker offered me a free ticket to last year’s game. Good seat. Would’ve had to sit with her and several other Bonnies. So obviously I declined.

Ended up buying a cheapie and then sneaking in to good seats where a couple of my pro Orange buddies were sitting.

That game was so, so bad.
God I thought I put that out of my memory bank. What the hell was that?

Dude, let’s rethink our choice of words in this post, eh?

He's right TrueBlue25. People in Buffalo are likely a higher percentage indigenous/different work ethic than at SU, and are less deserving of insult. I'm just shocked to see it pointed out on here. ;) TB25, I think maybe youre just projecting.

Doubt there is a student contingent traveling from UB. They’re either in the midst of finals or gone for holiday break.

But “gone for holiday break” constitutes driving back to their parents house in Western or Central NY. What better way to spend a Tuesday than making a short drive to see one the most highest profile sporting events in your schools history? Where tickets are easy and plentiful.

They'll be snorting alright
1545156632787.jpeg

Not sure. None of my UB friends are going and none of them are even talking about the game. There’s also a Sabres game tonight and Buffalo is way more a pro sports/football/hockey town than College Hoops. I would actually be surprised if they brought more than Bonnies last year.

Yesterday was their last exam day for Fall semester. They gone.

Their alumni group had a strong presence in 317 and were insufferable last year. Expect more of the same this year with bigger numbers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom