Will uconn move all their games to Gampell Pavillion? | Syracusefan.com

Will uconn move all their games to Gampell Pavillion?

AluminNV

Scout Team
Now they are being left behind and will likely not be able to sell out the mall ever again (couldn't do it vs Louisville this year when they were #1 and a year or two ago they played Texas on a Saturday when they were top 10 and had to play it in Storrs probably b/c of the fear of empty seats) is Uconn going to move all their games to the Gampell Pavillion?

At the very least they will play more there and might just use the Civic Center once or twice a year, maybe if JB gives them a home and home?

I know a lot of huskies come on this board so what do you all think? Is anyone on the schedule going to drum up enough interest to actually fill the mall once the Cathlic 7 are gone, Memphis maybe?

They'll schedule a number of OOC heavyweights to fortify their schedule. I don't expect them to be on the outside looking in for long. Situation is too fluid.

Living in CT I think the economy more than any other reason is behind the empty seats. A lot of people I know are just trying to hang on here. We have a very liberal governor and legislature that passed the largest tax increase in history on us last year and the budget is still at a severe deficit. Many people are hanging on to or don't have the fun dollars we used to play with. I have a lot of friends who went to UCONN and many of them did not renew season tickets or are not buying individual game tix. If the economy gets on its feet again the fan base is still very rabid so they will sell more tickets. This year is a test, no NCAA, no BET, a new head coach, and a lot of transfers have left the program. I for one am surprised they have done as well as they have this year.

One thing is sure, a major conference afffiliation will be needed to keep recruiting at a high level. Without a big time league UCONN will join the irrelevant no matter how many fans come to their games.

They'll schedule a number of OOC heavyweights to fortify their schedule. I don't expect them to be on the outside looking in for long. Situation is too fluid.

Don't see that.

Look at it from another schools perspective. A home game vs uconn has the allure of playing a 1AA team. Even when they are having a good year and have a winning record. No ACC school wants them b/c of the lawsuit.

And in hoops I am not sure they can afford to pay teams to play them at home. They'll have to play teams on the road or neutral sites. I'm sure Providence will continue the series but I doubt the Catholic 7 bar Providence will want to play them.

Obviously where there is a will there is a way in terms of having a strong OOC schedule in hoops but what team is going to want to travel 1000+ miles to play a game in Storrs on ESPN3?

Don't see that.

Look at it from another schools perspective. A home game vs uconn has the allure of playing a 1AA team. Even when they are having a good year and have a winning record. No ACC school wants them b/c of the lawsuit.

And in hoops I am not sure they can afford to pay teams to play them at home. They'll have to play teams on the road or neutral sites. I'm sure Providence will continue the series but I doubt the Catholic 7 bar Providence will want to play them.

Obviously where there is a will there is a way in terms of having a strong OOC schedule in hoops but what team is going to want to travel 1000+ miles to play a game in Storrs on ESPN3?
Playing UConn will not have the same allure as playing a 1AA.

They will end up in a conference at some point as well.

Playing UConn will not have the same allure as playing a 1AA.

They will end up in a conference at some point as well.

Course it is who is going to think"oh I better buy my tickets for the uconn game that should be a big one."

Obviously there are plenty of undesirable FBS teams. Big Ten has Indiana, Big 12 has Kansas, Pac has Colorado they have the same drawing power as those teams even when the team has a decent record.

There will be schools that want to play a name team on the road. Good for the RPI.

Course it is who is going to think"oh I better buy my tickets for the uconn game that should be a big one."

Obviously there are plenty of undesirable FBS teams. Big Ten has Indiana, Big 12 has Kansas, Pac has Colorado they have the same drawing power as those teams even when the team has a decent record.
I would think other conferences - B10, etc. will look to schedule them to have games in the NE. Plus UConn is still UConn which is a good name - unless they never get a major conference invite and regardless of that until they completely suck for an extended period they still have allure.