Will we be ranked #1 this year? | Syracusefan.com

Will we be ranked #1 this year?

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
if we beat arkansas then its fairly smooth sailing until jan 19 against louisville (temple could be tough buts its at the garden, we dont lose there unless its the big east tournament). i say no cuz i think we lose to arkansas, but if we beat them i say yes.

if we beat arkansas then its fairly smooth sailing until jan 19 against louisville (temple could be tough buts its at the garden, we dont lose there unless its the big east tournament). i say no cuz i think we lose to arkansas, but if we beat them i say yes.

I am more worried about Detroit at home than Arkansas.

If we run the non conference we should be 17-0 heading into Louisville. Could be a 1-2 game.

I'm worried about our guards ability to handle against pressure. Arkansas style is to press full court the whole game. It will be a big test. I could see us losing that game but it may help us in the long run. Our young players' growing pains will probably cost us a few loses this year so I don't see getting a #1 ranking.

I am more worried about Detroit at home than Arkansas.
I'm more worried about Temple than Arkansas or Detroit. Even in MSG, could be a let-down after #900 for JB.

It's an interesting question. Being #1 gives us respect, but it's non guarantee of nada. (That's a Spanish double negative.) I would rather get to the Final Four than be #1. I think we lose some games this year. I think that's not a bad thing. Except I despise doing it. Other than that...

What does this have to do with conference realignment?? Take this to the off-topic board!!

By the time we play L'ville it will be an OOC game against the Big XII

Gonna be close but I'll say no until at least the New Year although I think we beat Arkansas and Detroit and go undefeated for a while again. After that you get the following losable games before the new year for those ahead of us:

IU(might need to lose twice): Georgetown tomorrow, UNC on 11/27
UL: UK on 12/28
OSU: @ Duke 11/28, KU 12/21
Michigan: Pitt 11/20, NC State 11/26
Duke: 11/27 OSU, @Minn(?) 11/21, Temple 12/7

So we'll likely pass, at minimum Duke or OSU. I see Michigan getting tripped up, so I'll say we're between 3 and 5 at the New Year.

U R all getting way ahead of yourselves, IMHO. SU stills has questions to answer, the biggest being: How will it respond to its first real adversity experienced on the court? Is the senior leadership as good as it's been in the last 3 years?