Will we ever really get info Dungey? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Will we ever really get info Dungey?

The athletic department has been buttoned up pretty tight since Babers got here. They'll tell us what they want to tell us, which probably won't be much.
^^^ This seems like a reasonable response to the OP without a need to be sanctimonious or whatever... don't see reason why some need to post in some passive aggressive or condescending manner...we are all SU fans right?...Go Cuse...

The athletic department has been buttoned up pretty tight since Babers got here. They'll tell us what they want to tell us, which probably won't be much.

It didn't get that way when Babers came; it's been that way.

It didn't get that way when Babers came; it's been that way.
I know. Just feels like the screws have gotten tighter in general. Maybe not so much about injuries.

If his college career is over at Syracuse, I'm sure that info will leak out long before spring practice. Board insiders will keep the whispers intentionally vague so as not to violate the hippo.

As cliche as it may sound, I just want the kid to be alright. He's been pummeled the past 2 years. If he comes out and says "Hey, I'm done with football. It sucks, but I can live the next 60 years of my life healthy and happy" I'd give him a standing ovation.

Also, this post is just another example of the fact that I'm getting old.

No it isn't, diagnosing a kid with a concussion from your La-Z-Boy based on what you saw on ESPN is asinine.

I was going to respond to this with something appropriate but it would not have been nice. Thats fine if you don't accept that he had a concussion. Im moving on and congrats on being the first person Ive had to block.

I was going to respond to this with something appropriate but it would not have been nice. Thats fine if you don't accept that he had a concussion. Im moving on and congrats on being the first person Ive had to block.
Please do, not saying he didn't have a concussion. The point is nobody knows, including you. You are making a giant assumption based on zero evidence other than what you saw on TV.

Have you seen ED's records? If not, then it's speculation.
Thank you!

I am concerned for Eric but I am not the only one that wants to know if he will play again.

I am fairly certain that he wants to based on comments he has made. So others inquiring isn't an unusual or out of bounds step.

If his college career is over at Syracuse, I'm sure that info will leak out long before spring practice. Board insiders will keep the whispers intentionally vague so as not to violate the hippo.
I agree. After all, HCDB has said on more than one occassion, that lions aren't the king of the jungle...elephants and hippos are ;-)

Which in this age of "instant information" and every fan feeling they have an entitled "right to know", is probably the right approach, IMO.

It'seems it is his own personal business in what he wants released.It is something I never think of nor worry about because I am in the no need to know crowd with his family.His mom is a looker for sure.

It'seems it is his own personal business in what he wants released.It is something I never think of nor worry about because I am in the no need to know crowd with his family.His mom is a looker for sure.

Ok, i respect that . but 5-10 years ago players' injuries were disclosed and respected . now, we are in the age of "upper body" , " lower body " verbiage and its insulting to a fans ' intelligence .

I can't think of too many injuries other than concussion where a second opinion was going to determine ED playing in the final couple of games. I certainly can't think of a shoulder injury. Moreover, if it wasn't a concussion they could say that without violating The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996.

Is it possible that he fractured or had a herniated disc?
Rest may have been prescribed and the second opinion would have been to clear him in the case no further damage could be caused by playing.

Is it possible that he fractured or had a herniated disc?
Rest may have been prescribed and the second opinion would have been to clear him in the case no further damage could be caused by playing.
I certainly hope it is something like that, but why not end the speculation that it might be a career ender? All they have to do is say the injury does not threaten his SU career.

Reactions: FAL
my own personal feeling is the second opinion was talking with his family and not another doctor. Either way if nothing has been said once spring practice starts we will know as they are open usually for 10 mins

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom