Class of 2016 - Will we lose anyone? Will we gain anyone from BG? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 Will we lose anyone? Will we gain anyone from BG?

Landers looks decent but doesn't have deep threat wow type speed. Looks somewhat similar to Sadiq.
Little bigger and faster than Sadiq. Good hands as well. Need more receivers in this offense.

I dont know about the theory take any 3 star you can get. But if babers thinks he fits, then im in.
The largest pool of qualified players is 3 stars. If you can get the better ones and/or ones that better fit your program then you're good to go.

We aren't taking 3 stars with other P5 offers at this point? WOW

As always with a new staff I think people will need to dial back recruiting expectations, I expect it to look a lot like Shafer's, but just a better fit for Baber's scheme. If recruiting is going to get better we will need to win first

IthacaBarrel said:
We aren't taking 3 stars with other P5 offers at this point? WOW As always with a new staff I think people will need to dial back recruiting expectations, I expect it to look a lot like Shafer's, but just a better fit for Baber's scheme. If recruiting is going to get better we will need to win first

I actually think they will be better recruiters. But not this year. Too quick a turnaround. We'll get the guys who stick from Shafer and a few guys from BGSU who decommit and maybe a surprise or two.

I'd bet next year is where we'll see a marginal increase. Then wins + momentum = who knows?

I actually think they will be better recruiters. But not this year. Too quick a turnaround. We'll get the guys who stick from Shafer and a few guys from BGSU who decommit and maybe a surprise or two.

I'd bet next year is where we'll see a marginal increase. Then wins + momentum = who knows?

Yep, logical progression

The largest pool of qualified players is 3 stars. If you can get the better ones and/or ones that better fit your program then you're good to go.

so as long as they have 3 stars next to their name we're good to go? no matter if they're mac level?

so as long as they have 3 stars next to their name we're good to go? no matter if they're mac level?

I will take 3 star kids with other P5 offers all day everyday. We aren't going to win on talent alone anyway.

I will take 3 star kids with other P5 offers all day everyday. We aren't going to win on talent alone anyway.

I do believe that shafer and his staff did up this equation that you are saying. Question is can babers and company keep and improve it, we shall see.

Anyone know how this hire might have changed things with some guys on the previous staff's board, like Bo Peek?

Anyone know how this hire might have changed things with some guys on the previous staff's board, like Bo Peek?

Peek was and is going to stanford. The 5% chance to flip him is gone. The other outliers who knows who they were as they didn't get to this evaluation period to set up offcials.

When they rate them they don't do it by conference do they?
There are more three stars playing in every conference than any other rating.

Paul Schwedelson ‏@pschweds 13m13 minutes ago
It's also interesting to track who the new staff is contacting first and prioritizing. In touch with Neal, Heckel, Holloway. (1/2)

Paul Schwedelson ‏@pschweds 11m11 minutes ago
(2/2) Meanwhile new staff hadn't contacted Dymelle Parker, Taylor Riggins or Cam DeGeorge as of this morning.

Paul Schwedelson Retweeted
Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1 11m11 minutes ago
Stephen Bailey Retweeted Paul Schwedelson

Can add CB Monquavion Brinson to this list.

Paul Schwedelson ‏@pschweds 13m13 minutes ago
It's also interesting to track who the new staff is contacting first and prioritizing. In touch with Neal, Heckel, Holloway. (1/2)

Paul Schwedelson ‏@pschweds 11m11 minutes ago
(2/2) Meanwhile new staff hadn't contacted Dymelle Parker, Taylor Riggins or Cam DeGeorge as of this morning.

Paul Schwedelson Retweeted
Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1 11m11 minutes ago
Stephen Bailey Retweeted Paul Schwedelson

Can add CB Monquavion Brinson to this list.
I read somewhere on here that DeGeorge had been contacted. We'll see.