Wimbledon | Syracusefan.com

Wimbledon

That Fed/Nadal match was a battle. Nadal survived 4-5 match points before Fed was able to put him away. Plus a bunch of great rallies and shots throughout the match

That Fed/Nadal match was a battle. Nadal survived 4-5 match points before Fed was able to put him away. Plus a bunch of great rallies and shots throughout the match

It was very entertaining. Crowd couldn't help but get into it, then it was hard to quiet them down.

Good for Federer. He's the GOAT. I don't think he gets by Djokovic though.

Gotta be so frustrating for Djokovic having to deal with the whole place rooting on your opponent in these championship matches.

This match insane. I watched a couple hours played some golf went to the gym and it's still going

2008 Nadal-Federer was better for me but this was a top 5 match no doubt.

I can't decide. Two unbelievable matches. Real bummed Roger came out on the short end of both.

Djokovic saving those 2 match points was reminiscent of when he did something similar to Federer at as US open in 2010 maybe?

Federer was the better player most of the match, just couldnt quite get it done.

I can't decide. Two unbelievable matches. Real bummed Roger came out on the short end of both.

Djokovic saving those 2 match points was reminiscent of when he did something similar to Federer at as US open in 2010 maybe?
In 2008 Federer was 27 and Nadal was 22. Both were in their primes.
Federer saved 2 championship points in the 4th set tiebreaker.

Nadal was coming off the French and was the first to win both Wimbledon and French in the same year since Borg.

It was an incredible match played at a slightly higher level than this match.

In 2008 Federer was 27 and Nadal was 22. Both were in their primes.
Federer saved 2 championship points in the 4th set tiebreaker.

Nadal was coming off the French and was the first to win both Wimbledon and French in the same year since Borg.

It was an incredible match played at a slightly higher level than this match.

I can buy that, I know I remember thinking right when it was over it was the best match I had ever seen. Can't decide if the weather delays added to or subtracted to the greatness

Federer was the better player most of the match, just couldnt quite get it done.
The GOAT let his 21st Grand Slam get away.
Double Match Point on serve in the 5th Set...

Djokovic brought his game to a whole new level during the tiebreakers and when he was up against the wall. I find it odd that everyone goes against him but I really admire how he pushes through and it makes it easy for me to cheer him on in Wimbledon and the US Open finals.

Have to go with the 2008 over 2019. The 5th set is what made this match, the second set was a loser, the others were good but not great. To my mind, this match adds to Federer's greatness - he is a legit #3 in the world and played at a very high level - he is still in his prime at 37 yrs old! Looking at how Federer dominated the stats, it is amazing that he lost. On the other hand, Djokovic added a lot to his greatness, not just by winning his 5th Wimbledon, but by beating Fed with his B game.

Did Djokovic say why he played such a poor second set? I haven't seen anything in the write ups, and no one bothered to ask him in the press conference!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom