Win vs. Ga Tech, do they storm the court? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Win vs. Ga Tech, do they storm the court?

I can agree with Virginia somewhat but I would have liked for JB to be more front and center. JB's reaction was in a way drowned out from the crowd being on the floor. Would have been cooler if he was able to walk out to center court and have the crowd going nuts in their seats.

Just my opinion.

I am sure that may have been done if the university could have officially celebrated that win...however, I think they wanted to avoid, officially, any perception of celebrating that win...

I can agree with Virginia somewhat but I would have liked for JB to be more front and center. JB's reaction was in a way drowned out from the crowd being on the floor. Would have been cooler if he was able to walk out to center court and have the crowd going nuts in their seats.

Just my opinion.
Yeah, that would have been fitting. Or if he went to center court, as you suggest, and then raised his hands and all the crowd runs to surround him and they bow. And then they lift him and pass him along, him laying flat on an ocean of admirers, passing him along until he is safely in the tunnel on his way to the locker room.
Edit: Tom K, if you tell me Taylor University already sends their coach off mosh pit style, I am going to punch a hole in the wall.

Yeah, that would have been fitting. Or if he went to center court, as you suggest, and then raised his hands and all the crowd runs to surround him and they bow. And then they lift him and pass him along, him laying flat on an ocean of admirers, passing him along until he is safely in the tunnel on his way to the locker room.

Should I take the side of college kids having fun or angry message board posters?

Tough call, IMO.
Having fun is fine. You have to respect your history.
Storming the court signifies a win is an upset. Syracuse basketball should never expect an upset in any home basketball game. Our history is too rich.
Several conferences have banned court storming.

Look at our equals. Michigan State, Arizona. Those teams don't storm the floor.

Last edited:
Georgia Tech has had way more success than Florida State and students stormed the court for Florida State.

After Florida State storming I realized our students have no clue what type of program we have.

Hi Alsacs. I know you are a big anti-storm guy and certainly were not for it against Florida St and probably Virginia?

But did you view Duke any differently? The way the game ended, the team we beat, the importance of the game. I.e. was Duke acceptable?

Hi Alsacs. I know you are a big anti-storm guy and certainly were not for it against Florida St and probably Virginia?

But did you view Duke any differently? The way the game ended, the team we beat, the importance of the game. I.e. was Duke acceptable?
I said UVA and Duke were okay.
UVA was because it was JB's 1000th win and he deserved the love.
Duke as well because of the heat of the moment.
I would prefer no stormings but understand those. My New England Patriots fandom of never expecting anything but greatness does cloud my mindset I admit. I just think we are Syracuse we should never be expecting anything but a win.
However I concede the Duke and UVA wins were fine stormings if we are going to do it.

I was proud in 2014 when we didn't storm after beating Duke.

Arguments for:
  1. Will take the lead in this intense rivalry (currently 4-4 all time)
  2. They lock in a bye at the ACC Tourney
  3. It is Senior Day- seniors will never have the chance to do so again!
  4. Will keep them on the right side of the bubble
  5. It has never happened four times in a single season
Arguments against:
  • Couldn’t come up with any:confused:

Point #5 is not true. It happened 4 times in 2003. Missouri, Pitt, ND, and Rutgers. Now the Rutgers storming was weak as not nearly as many participated. But going off memory, I feel like there were enough of them out there for it to count.

Arguments for:
  1. Will take the lead in this intense rivalry (currently 4-4 all time)
  2. They lock in a bye at the ACC Tourney
  3. It is Senior Day- seniors will never have the chance to do so again!
  4. Will keep them on the right side of the bubble
  5. It has never happened four times in a single season
Arguments against:
  • Couldn’t come up with any:confused:

For my part, I'll be storming the refrigerator. Win or lose.

I don't even know how to respond to this thread, the fact that someone is actually talking about this is sad.

Depends. If the alternative is fans doing the "wave", then I'll take court storming instead.

I'm glad a few of you get the humor! I am new to this board (as you can see from the few posts). May have to type in italics to emphasis the sarcasm in the future.:cool::cool::cool:
There is nothing we enjoy more than a good court storming thread and it's subsequent deletion.
Rooting for a sarcasm emoticon, or perhaps color. Why not mauve? Why not now?

Well, they stormed for Rutgers.

There is nothing we enjoy more than a good court storming thread and it's subsequent deletion.
Rooting for a sarcasm emoticon, or perhaps color. Why not mauve? Why not now?

Sarcasm emoticons are available on the pay side...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom