Winfield welcomes move from wide receiver to cornerback, leans on athleticism during transition (DO) | Syracusefan.com

Winfield welcomes move from wide receiver to cornerback, leans on athleticism during transition (DO)

Great story. Great attitude by the kid, would love for him to develop into a solid backup this fall. Love the 38" vertical , if he learns the skills, that leap will make it hard to through over him, like the West reception in the story.

in your guys & gals opionion does corey go back to wr with the transfer of corey cooper

in your guys & gals opionion does corey go back to wr with the transfer of corey cooper

I'm guessing no. Depth at CB is a more critical team issue right now.

We've got some guys knicked up, but once the injury situation straightens out, we'll be solid at WR. CB is a little less certain.

I hope not. He has great physical attributes for a cover corner. The staff could figure out other alternatives at H.

I think this was one of the least surprising position switches in program history.

Dude probably wanted to play WR, was given that chance, smart play is now CB and he saw the light.

FWIW, I think, based entirely on that one video of him dunking, that he'll turn out to be pretty good for us at corner.