Winner Selected in 'Orange Out' T-Shirt Design Contest | Syracusefan.com

Winner Selected in 'Orange Out' T-Shirt Design Contest

is it blue??

or grey??

Over/under on sales?

My guess is 17, if their lucky.

Agree 100% . At big southern schools these shirts are handed out at the gate. THAT'S how you achieve uniformity on gameday. NOT making the fan base go and find them and pay for them.
At least first 10000 should be handed out at the gate for free.

Agree 100% . At big southern schools these shirts are handed out at the gate. THAT'S how you achieve uniformity on gameday. NOT making the fan base go and find them and pay for them.
Again so simple yet they get it wrong

I agree. Don't hang them over the seats (people will take multiple ones). Hand them out at the gate, whatever is left over sell them or donate them. Pretty simple as CanadianSU said.

Big Southern schools also don't worry about budgeting 50-100k for printed tees.

T-shirts are a huge waste of money.

SU Athletics is marketing this as an Orange Out. They should have eaten the costs and given them away at the gate as mentioned. They half ass everything.

SU Athletics is marketing this as an Orange Out. They should have eaten the costs and given them away at the gate as mentioned. They half ass everything.
Once again, what benefit is it to SU to give out $30-50k worth of T-shirts?

Especially when pretty much every single attendee owns multiple orange shirts?

I only have experience at one of them, but at TAMU they sold "Maroon Out" T shirts for $5 the week leading up to the game and then put students all around the stadium to sell more as people go in. Of course this was in 2001 & 2002 when I went to the games, but not all schools just hand them out.

Every game should be an orange out just because you shouldn't even be able to buy a green Syracuse shirt with a shamrock on it.

I have always thought these "out" things have been dumb and overrated. No, i dont expect the athletic department to dish out 10's of thousands for tee shirts, but these "outs" need to be santioned by the schools, not the fanbase. Just hype and market the game and thats it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom