**Winter Weather Advisory / SU Classes Cancelled Friday** | Syracusefan.com

**Winter Weather Advisory / SU Classes Cancelled Friday**

safety first.

But I walked through much worse to class at UB.

that being said, glad they’re looking out for the kids and faculty.

This is the 5th time classes have been canceled at SU due to weather. Ever. But the second time in the last 3 months.

Very strange.

People can do all sorts of crazy stuff in the snow - best to limit the danger!

This is the 5th time classes have been canceled at SU due to weather. Ever. But the second time in the last 3 months.

Very strange.
I could be wrong but I think the 1st time they ever cancelled classes was the Blizzard of 93 which happened the same weekend as the Big East Tournament. Syracuse got like 42 inches across 2 days. They made a big deal saying the cancellation was the first one ever.

I was in NYC for the tourney, which got like 12 inches, but seemed like a lot more. At MSG the snow was leaking through the roof in spots so they were running out during each timeout to wipe the floor.

Eh, risk isn’t worth it. This isn’t the 1950s where all the professors and staff lived three blocks away and 95% of students lived on campus or just as close and everyone walked to school.

If people feel the need to prove how tough they are, they can go drive on the roads and prove their worth.

Important to cancel those online courses. Don’t need anyone getting hurt at their keyboard
They aren't cancelled:

Online classes, as well as classes at our centers outside of Syracuse, will continue as scheduled.

I could be wrong but I think the 1st time they ever cancelled classes was the Blizzard of 93 which happened the same weekend as the Big East Tournament. Syracuse got like 42 inches across 2 days. They made a big deal saying the cancellation was the first one ever.

I was in NYC for the tourney, which got like 12 inches, but seemed like a lot more. At MSG the snow was leaking through the roof in spots so they were running out during each timeout to wipe the floor.

They claimed during my time there (03-07) that it was the first time they ever cancelled classes. ANd had been so proud of the fact they never had until that point. But I'm beginning to think they lied to every generation like that and have been fudging the snow numbers. :)

you dont get many 2-3 inch an hr snow events that are not lake events though.

we had some people get stuck in a bldg on campus here ahile ago becuase so much snow had drifted against the doors they could get them open.

this may be a multi snow blower event. probably already should have done it once but too lazy..

Eh, risk isn’t worth it. This isn’t the 1950s where all the professors and staff lived three blocks away and 95% of students lived on campus or just as close and everyone walked to school.

If people feel the need to prove how tough they are, they can go drive on the roads and prove their worth.
1sf9rn.jpg

I graduated in '78. A terrible year for snow. They never cancelled while I was in school.

You're wrong.

When I was in Lawrinson, I think it was Soph year (so this was '85 or early '86), I dragged my butt outta bed and schlepped all the way across campus thru at least a foot of snow, to the far side of the Quad -
only to find my 8:30 APL class (and all classes) had been CANCELLED.

In my 4 years, that was the only time classes were cancelled, that I can recall.
- and during my tenure, Syracuse set a record with 42 consecutive days with measurable snowfall.
(then 1 day without, then 2 more weeks straight after that. UGH. :confused: )

I remember during orientation at Oswego them telling us how they never ever cancel classes. Happened like 3 times during my time there lol.