Wisc Last Possession | Syracusefan.com

Wisc Last Possession

FreeFries100

Walk On
Funny listening to the CBS crew after the game giving their two cents about WISC last possession. Kenny Smith and Barley say how they can't believe WISC didn't get the ball below the free throw line.

I agree completely that they should have gone inside, but it would have been nice for them to admit that WISC didn't score the whole second half (or really the the whole game) inside the free throw line. They didn't go inside on the last possession B/C THEY DIDN'T DO IT ALL NIGHT. They decided to shoot 3's (and they were impressive, bording lucky impressive), but they never thought they about scoring 2 pt baskets.

In CBS' defense, Greg Anthony (and he is the only one I can listen to) spoke about how well Syracuse was able to score 2's vs WISC beine one demisional with their 3 point shot.

I actually was extremely confident that Wisconsin would have zero plan on offense, dribble around outside for a while, and then huck up a deep, off-balance three.

Because that's pretty much their offense.

The stupid thing is that they didn't need the 3 in that situation.

The CBS analysis is a joke -- I am just happy that we no longer live in an era of first round "look ins" and other broadcasts of partial games.

I actually was extremely confident that Wisconsin would have zero plan on offense, dribble around outside for a while, and then huck up a deep, off-balance three.

I thought they were going to make the shot (because I always think we're going to lose on a banked three), but honestly that was EXACTLY what I expected as well from them on that possession.

The stupid thing is that they didn't need the 3 in that situation.

That's the irony of it all...the team that couldn't miss threes couldn't make twos. As Anthony said, they didn't have a player who could create a shot, they had to find a shot and it just wasn't there at the end.-VBOF

I thought our defense was stellar on that last possession. We were on them like ants on sugar. I knew that 3 pointer was not going in right after he released it.

The D should get some props on that last play. Nothing easy.

They just needed 20 more seconds and we would have been in big trouble.

I thought they were going to make the shot (because I always think we're going to lose on a banked three), but honestly that was EXACTLY what I expected as well from them on that possession.
We would have lost any other year except for now. We all knew they were chuck it up for the win. However, we were too good to lose.

they have a very well conceived and efficient offense. they don't just pass it around for 30 secs and then chuck a 3. they pretty much did what you said on that last possession, but that is far from being their offense.

The CBS analysis is a joke -- I am just happy that we no longer live in an era of first round "look ins" and other broadcasts of partial games.

CBS still stands for "Coverage of Basketball Sucks" and they continue to use high tech to prove they can find new ways to suck at this game.

Look ins have been replaced by idiotic floating cameras in the view of the actual game action. (or instead of actual game action. The NFL seems to have invented this sort of view for their 18th camera. CBS chose to use this angle and technology for their second angle. Terrible. How do these s make money? Honest question?)

ESPN sucks at basketball coverage until you actually see CBS cover it, then you remember every year why you watch ESPN.

Can anybody send an email to the guys who wreck our game every year?

CTO, you know these guys right? Wouldn't making the games more watchable be nice?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom