Wiscy/Creighton | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Wiscy/Creighton

IF we win at Madison. Creighton is a tough place to play but Wisconsin is just about as tough. I agree with Newhouser that a win there will be as good as almost any ACC win we may get.

As the resident Creighton season ticket holder on the board I''ll answer some questions

Im not at all. Creighton is VERY tough at home

ITS NOT THEIR FAULT..... THEY DIDN'T KNOW

Since moving from Upstate NY and getting Creighton tickets in 96 this was the loudest crowd I have heard in Omaha. That includes the Wichita State games, first ever big east game against Marquette, and beating Nova at home. Creighton crowds are hit and miss some nights even with 17k nightly, it's a small student body so the student section is never going to be huge and the arena has more of a NBA atmosphere rather than College venue. Against Wisky though it was unreal, everyone standing for the entire 2nd half practically, no one leaving to beat traffic, no one yelling at me to sit down, it was perfect.

They had a stat on the TV, haven't lost at home to a Big 10 team since 1968. Granted, I don't know how many times they've played a Big 10 team at home but that's still impressive.

This stat looks better than it actually is. In recent memory the only big 10 teams we have played at home are Iowa in 1999, Northwestern in '12, and every other year against Nebraska (guaranteed win) but they didn't join the little 10 till 2012. All in all I think it is 8 straight wins at home against the little 10.

As for Wisky if Cuse controls the pace and doesn't let Wisconsin do what they wanna do and get to the foul line Cuse will win. Creighton baited Hayes into getting 3 happy and it worked. He hit his first 2 and then started shooting crazy and nothing was hitting. Happ was a non factor and Koening is a good player but he cannot beat a team alone.

After watching the NC State debacle on Saturday afternoon and all the Dungey, news Tuesday was much needed for me sports wise. Back to reality against FSU on Saturday