Wishes for the upcoming season... | Syracusefan.com

Wishes for the upcoming season...

cto

Administrator
Here are my wishes for the upcoming basketball season

1) The Sour Sitrus Society will stop playing “Sweet Caroline” as though it were an SU song. It is the unofficial anthem of the BOSTON RED SOX, for gosh sakes. At least one Yankees fan (me) takes offense at hearing it at every SU basketball game. The Red Sox are NOT New York's team.

2) Our starting center will be able to play for the entire post-season. (Also, our starting point guard, shooting guard, small forward and power forward).

3) The scheduling Gods at the Big East and the networks will arrange it so JB’s 900th and 903rd wins come at the Dome. These milestones (which have been reached by only two and one other coaches, respectively), should be celebrated in front of a loud crowd at home -- not in front of a few hundred bored people at DePaul or some place. (Last year we played our 10th game December 10 and our 13th on December 22. Therefore if we get off to a fast start, we have a good chance of having them as non-conference games at home – unless the Big East schedules some whacky early conference away games).

4) Dion, Fab, Kris and Scoop will all do well in the NBA.

5) The Bernie Fine case will end when Bobby Davis withdraws his allegations and apologizes.

6) Mark Schwartz and his henchman will get fired, and ESPN will apologize.

7) Finally, a lot of happy people from this forum will be in Atlanta in the late evening of April 8.

#7 and by extension #2 are soooo much more important it makes the other ones trivial IMO.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

#7 and by extension #2 are soooo much more important it makes the other ones trivial IMO.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
I know, I know. I was attempting to interject a little humor and human interest and creativity into it. Shoot, anyone can write a list starting and ending with #7. (But I DO hate the Sweet Caroline thing -- especially when they were playing it in Boston in March. UGH).

An addendum to #1: At the end of the National Anthem, stop the enhancement of the "O" when singing " O say, does that star spangled banner yet wave..."

That crap belongs to the good people of Baltimore and their Orioles.

ESPN needs to make sure Robert Montgomery Knight is in attendance for #903.

schwarz is on his way.. he now is espns tiger woods awkward interview guy it seems

CTO, I wouldn't mind seeing #6, either.

That's a really good list. Maybe the SSS will start playing "Dixie" instead.

UGH. Sweet Caroline is not the unofficial anthem of the Red Sox. It's a song they play so all the guys can have a reason for their girlfriends to want to stay past the 5th inning. No Red Sox fans actually like that song.

UGH. Sweet Caroline is not the unofficial anthem of the Red Sox. It's a song they play so all the guys can have a reason for their girlfriends to want to stay past the 5th inning. No Red Sox fans actually like that song.
Bnoro, my point was that it is "associated" with the Red Sox. You can't watch a Sox game without hearing it multiple times. If SSS wants to play a girl's name, maybe they could try "Peggy Sue," "Barbara Ann," Corinna, Corrina," ...or one of the other million songs out there. "Sweet Caroline" just shouts "Red Sox" at me. Let's find a song that will be associated with Syracuse.

CTO, you must have the power to make this issue known to the SSS or their leadership. I didn't know that song was a). associated with the Red Sox (because I couldn't care less about them), or b). played at SU games (because I never get to go to any). But if what you are saying is true, it is a travesty. Especially, as you pointed out, if it is being played in Boston. With us getting back into the same conference with BC again, now is the time to nip this in the bud.

I finally figured out a girl's name song for SSS! Forget about Peggy Sue or Miss Molly.... they should play an up-tempo version of... "Oh, Julie." This version starts kind of slow... but I've also heard it played very up-tempo. In case you have never heard it, it was very popular when JB and I were in high school.

Regarding Sweet Caroline, I'm under the impression that the Sour Sitrus Society plays it at Gross's request (feel free to correct me if that's not right).

Thankfully, they don't play it too frequently at the Dome (and they probably only played about five songs per game, given all the programmed canned noise). They did shamelessly break it out for both regional games at the Garden, though.

After consulting with my fellow pop culture aficionado TOL22, this is the song to call our own. They can display the lyrics on the new ribbon boards and everyone can sing along. All they have to do is drop the "e" from Juli and we are ready to roll.

An addendum to #1: At the end of the National Anthem, stop the enhancement of the "O" when singing " O say, does that star spangled banner yet wave..."

That crap belongs to the good people of Baltimore and their Orioles.

What people don't recognize is that we're not only New York's team but we're Boston, Baltimore, and DC's team too. ;)

"You Don't Mess Around With Jim" is a nice line but the words are wrong.

CTO, I wouldn't mind seeing #6, either.
I think its more likely that BF and Davis are seen holding hands on some beach (after Bernie finally forgives the 5k loan). Otherwise, CTO's list is 'fine' by me.

I'd like to see someone make 1st team all Big East and I'd like to see our guards make a concerted effort to feed the ball into Coleman in the post.

I'd like to see MCW going gang busters vs. UConn for our last parting gift! Somewhere around 30+pts and 8+ assists will get the job done..;)

i'd love to see SU crash the glass and not allow second chance points. we didn't lose any solid rebounders, but we sure gained one in DCII.

Here are my wishes for the upcoming basketball season

1) The Sour Sitrus Society will stop playing “Sweet Caroline” as though it were an SU song. It is the unofficial anthem of the BOSTON RED SOX, for gosh sakes. At least one Yankees fan (me) takes offense at hearing it at every SU basketball game. The Red Sox are NOT New York's team.

2) Our starting center will be able to play for the entire post-season. (Also, our starting point guard, shooting guard, small forward and power forward).

3) The scheduling Gods at the Big East and the networks will arrange it so JB’s 900th and 903rd wins come at the Dome. These milestones (which have been reached by only two and one other coaches, respectively), should be celebrated in front of a loud crowd at home -- not in front of a few hundred bored people at DePaul or some place. (Last year we played our 10th game December 10 and our 13th on December 22. Therefore if we get off to a fast start, we have a good chance of having them as non-conference games at home – unless the Big East schedules some whacky early conference away games).

4) Dion, Fab, Kris and Scoop will all do well in the NBA.

5) The Bernie Fine case will end when Bobby Davis withdraws his allegations and apologizes.

6) Mark Schwartz and his henchman will get fired, and ESPN will apologize.

7) Finally, a lot of happy people from this forum will be in Atlanta in the late evening of April 8.
I hope you didn't jinx the first 3 with the rest of the list! Did you by any chance put them in decreasing liklyhood of happening? Considering the last one, I hope not.