Wishes for the upcoming season... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Wishes for the upcoming season...

I hope you didn't jinx the first 3 with the rest of the list! Did you by any chance put them in decreasing liklyhood of happening? Considering the last one, I hope not.
#1 and #7 were purposeful placements (start with something frivolous and end with the most important). The rest were sort of random.

My one wish is no controversies. Everyone goes to class, does their work, and gives a high level of effort on and off the court, including the classrooms. I aged at least ten years this past year waiting for the next shoe to drop.

UGH. Sweet Caroline is not the unofficial anthem of the Red Sox. It's a song they play so all the guys can have a reason for their girlfriends to want to stay past the 5th inning. No Red Sox fans actually like that song.
I respectfully disagree. As a Red Sox fan, I can attest that I enjoy it as do a huge number of our fans - and no, not only the girlfriends. ...Can anyone correctly answer who the song is referring to? As always, no using the Google.

I respectfully disagree. As a Red Sox fan, I can attest that I enjoy it as do a huge number of our fans - and no, not only the girlfriends. ...Can anyone correctly answer who the song is referring to? As always, no using the Google.

well, one could argue for both sides on what to consider caroline kennedy: a new yorker or a bostonian. my first instinct is to place her in the new england area, but she did grow up in NYC and she currently lives in NYC with her family.

Caroline Kennedy, I believe?

After consulting with my fellow pop culture aficionado TOL22, this is the song to call our own. They can display the lyrics on the new ribbon boards and everyone can sing along. All they have to do is drop the "e" from Juli and we are ready to roll.

Gets my vote. Already half-orchestrated with horns...

UGH. Sweet Caroline is not the unofficial anthem of the Red Sox. It's a song they play so all the guys can have a reason for their girlfriends to want to stay past the 5th inning. No Red Sox fans actually like that song.
have you ever been to fenway?

cto - I agree, the only thing worse than sweet caroline in the dome, is leaving after a loss

have you ever been to fenway?

cto - I agree, the only thing worse than sweet caroline in the dome, is leaving after a loss
I've been to Fenway over 50 times. It gets worse every time they play it, especially this season when the Sox are down 5-0 going into the middle of the 8th and all the assclowns in the stadium are singing. The worst was when Neil Diamond actually sang it live. It's an embarrassment.

I've been to Fenway over 50 times. It gets worse every time they play it, especially this season when the Sox are down 5-0 going into the middle of the 8th and all the assclowns in the stadium are singing. The worst was when Neil Diamond actually sang it live. It's an embarrassment.

What's worse is actually being a Red Sox fan.

What people don't recognize is that we're not only New York's team but we're Boston, Baltimore, and DC's team too. ;)

Careful, Cherie, or ESPN will inform the sports viewing world that all of the above cities are in NYS and therefore SU home games.

Further, any jackarse who chants "So good, so good, so good" is a douchebag and should be scourged, drawn, and quartered. And I'm a Sox fan. I hate when people do that. When I was in college one crew hijacked "Margaritaville" in a similar fashion and my senior year was spent wanting to go all CurtB whenever they did.

Further, any jackarse who chants "So good, so good, so good" is a douchebag and should be scourged, drawn, and quartered. And I'm a Sox fan. I hate when people do that. When I was in college one crew hijacked "Margaritaville" in a similar fashion and my senior year was spent wanting to go all CurtB whenever they did.

That's a job well done. Props for resuscitating the Legend of CurtB with this reference. That guy was murderous with a golf club. Could he have been reincarnated as brn4evacuse, or whatever it was?

That's a job well done. Props for resuscitating the Legend of CurtB with this reference. That guy was murderous with a golf club. Could he have been reincarnated as brn4evacuse, or whatever it was?

Sadly, my college experience pre-dated CurtB's illustrious golf club bingo antics by nearly 2 decades, so I didn't have his inspiration or frame of reference. But to this day, I hate "Margaritiaville". And really think Buffet is an over rated lounge lizard who should be playing on the Lido Deck of the Love Boat.